16 Taliban fighters killed in Pak
Peshawar: Troops on Friday killed at least 16
Taliban fighters in clashes in the restive Orakzai tribal
region in northwest Pakistan, officials said.
Two soldiers and five militants were injured in the
fighting in Orakzai Agency, where security forces are
conducting a major offensive against the Taliban.
The security forces also destroyed two militant
Pakistan moved military and paramilitary troops into
Orakzai Agency last month to flush out militants fleeing an
earlier army operation in neighbouring South Waziristan
Security forces claim to have killed more than 450
militants though the figure cannot be independently confirmed.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why is India indulging in peace talks with Pak despite its terrorism-inducing diplomacy?
- Why is India indulging in peace talks with Pak despite its terrorism-inducing diplomacy? - Part II
- Top wrestler Narsingh fails dope test, may miss Olympics
- UP: At least 7 children killed as school van collides with train in Bhadohi
- Rajasthan HC acquits Salman Khan in two chinkara poaching cases
- 'Munich gunman planned shooting for a year, chose victims randomly'
- Unlikely sporting star Chris Froome wins third Tour de France, seals place amongst greats
- One dead, two injured in Germany machete attack: Police
- Shoulder injury forces Serena Williams out of Montreal
- England vs Pakistan, 2nd Test: Hosts lead by 489 at 3rd day close