17, including 6 Indians, killed in two Nepal road accidents
Kathmandu: At least 17 people, including six Indians, have been killed and 12 others injured in two separate road accidents in western Nepal, police said today.
Six Indian tourists - all from Kolkata - were killed and five others injured when a jeep carrying them plunged into the Marsyangdi river in Tanahun district late last night.
The jeep, carrying 10 Indian tourists, was heading for Kathmandu from tourist hotspot Pokhara, police said.
The deceased have been identified as Binay Kumar Tiwari (58), Hemanta Tripathi (13), Kalawati Tiwari (56), Poonam Tripathi (33), Neha Tripathi (20) and Milan Tripathi (36).
The injured, including two children, were admitted to a hospital in Udayapur District, they said.
In a separate accident, 11 people were killed and seven others injured when a passenger bus veered off road and fell into a river in Salyan district.
The bus, en route to Rukum from Kathmandu, fell some 100 meters down in the Sarada river at Banskada-5 this morning.
Police said poor visibility due to thick fog might have been one of the causes of the accident.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: APJ Abdul Kalam's last journey, India bids a tearful adieu
- DNA : Justice delivered; India hangs 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon
- Exclusive interview with Usman Majid, MLA, J&K Congress
- Four Indians kidnapped in Libya; Islamic State hand suspected
- Parties should be united against terrorism, says Rajnath Singh
- Why did you choose Smriti Irani as HRD minister? Congress leader asks PM Narendra Modi
- Yakub Memon: The two men who lead police to 'House of Memons'
- Rajnath slams UPA for coining 'Hindu terrorists', Congress accuses BJP of playing politics on terror
- Watch video: The epic battle between 'Machli' tigress and a 14-foot-long crocodile!
- Cristiano Ronaldo great, but Lionel Messi is greatest: Xavi Hernandez