17 injured in Nepal acid attack
Kathmandu: A teenager on Wednesday attacked villagers with acid and injured 17 of them over a road expansion dispute in Nepal`s Kavre district.
19-year-old Suresh Bajagain of Bayarbot village, located some 75-km east of Kathmandu, splashed the locals with acid during a meeting, which discussed expansion of a road in the area, turned violent, police said.
Two of the injured are in a critical condition, district police chief Surendra Prasad Mainali said, adding the teenaged boy has been taken into custody.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Security guard beats woman journalist publicly in Pakistan
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- ISIS terrorists escape Mosul disguised in women's clothing
- J&K: Suspected Pakistani spy arrested in Samba district
- DNA: Reporting on war against ISIS in Mosul
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Hema Malini did not accept land for dance academy: Government to HC
- Seven Pak rangers, one militant killed in retaliatory firing by BSF on Jammu border
- 'Ae Dil Hai Mushkil' row: Raj Thackeray says Rs 5 crore 'penance' for signing Pakistani artistes
- Kerala dress code row: 'Why not 'mundus' for men, if 'sarees' for women'