17 injured in Nepal acid attack
Kathmandu: A teenager on Wednesday attacked villagers with acid and injured 17 of them over a road expansion dispute in Nepal`s Kavre district.
19-year-old Suresh Bajagain of Bayarbot village, located some 75-km east of Kathmandu, splashed the locals with acid during a meeting, which discussed expansion of a road in the area, turned violent, police said.
Two of the injured are in a critical condition, district police chief Surendra Prasad Mainali said, adding the teenaged boy has been taken into custody.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar stands in a queue at Pune wedding!
- Delhi: Shakuntala Gamlin writes to LG against AAP minister
- Jharkhand's Health Minister slaps political rival in public
- One Rank, One Pension: What is complicating its implementation? Part-2
- India's second deadliest heatwave kills more than 2000 people
- Check CHSE orrisharesults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in for Class 12 (Plus Two) Result 2015
- Will ask SC if India can pursue Captain Saurabh Kalia case against Pakistan in ICJ: Sushma Swaraj
- Salman, Aamir, Shah Rukh in a film together?
- Even 100 Rahul Gandhis cannot match PM Narendra Modi's mega wave: Shiv Sena
- Anti-minority remarks by Sangh Parivar leaders 'uncalled for': Narendra Modi