17 injured in Nepal acid attack
Kathmandu: A teenager on Wednesday attacked villagers with acid and injured 17 of them over a road expansion dispute in Nepal`s Kavre district.
19-year-old Suresh Bajagain of Bayarbot village, located some 75-km east of Kathmandu, splashed the locals with acid during a meeting, which discussed expansion of a road in the area, turned violent, police said.
Two of the injured are in a critical condition, district police chief Surendra Prasad Mainali said, adding the teenaged boy has been taken into custody.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath reviews Gomti riverfront work
- Triple Talaq: Why AIMPLB are opposing the petitions filed in Supreme Court?
- Legal, illegal slaughterhouses in UP: What you need to know
- DNA: Should strict action be taken against stone pelters of J&K?
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Chinese national insults Indian flag, throws it in dustbin outside Noida Oppo office; massive protest takes place
- No ban on cow slaughter in three Northeast states if party comes to power next year: BJP
- Gautam Gambhir gives Aussies perfect send-off, says true champions let their game do all the talking!