17 injured in Nepal acid attack
Kathmandu: A teenager on Wednesday attacked villagers with acid and injured 17 of them over a road expansion dispute in Nepal`s Kavre district.
19-year-old Suresh Bajagain of Bayarbot village, located some 75-km east of Kathmandu, splashed the locals with acid during a meeting, which discussed expansion of a road in the area, turned violent, police said.
Two of the injured are in a critical condition, district police chief Surendra Prasad Mainali said, adding the teenaged boy has been taken into custody.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will appoint nodal officer for Kashmiris: Rajnath Singh
- DNA: Analyzing ground reality of life of poor and vagrant people in India
- DNA: Analysis of press conference between Rajnath Singh and Mehbooba Mufti on Kashmir violence
- DNA: Analysis of India's weaknesses in new inventions and discoveries
- DNA: Prasoon Joshi's hard-hitting poem depicting society's mentality towards females
- India responds to Pakistan's offer for talks, says will discuss only cross-border terror
- CAUGHT ON CAMERA: This man doesn't give a damn to traffic rules, threatens people on Noida roads; his car has VIP horn - WATCH
- Mercedes GLE 400 4MATIC petrol variant launched in India at Rs 74.9 lakh
- Attention parents! Childhood head injury may up mental illness, mortality risk
- My mom gets worried about controversies: Sonakshi Sinha