17 reported dead in south Afghan blast
Kabul: Police say a bomb concealed on a bicycle has killed 17 people in southern Afghanistan.
Another 15 people were injured in the blast Wednesday in the district of Nasri Sarraj just north of Lashkar Gah in Helmand province. That`s according to Kamaluddin, the deputy provincial police chief who uses only one name.
Provincial government spokesman Daoud Ahmadi said people had gathered in the area to receive free seeds from the government as part of a program to encourage them not to plant opium poppy.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Gujarat man who disclosed Rs 14,000 crore unaccounted wealth goes missing
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video
- RBI to issue new Rs 20, Rs 50 notes; old notes to remain legal tender
- Rahul Dravid heaps praise on Virat Kohli, R Ashwin; calls duo modern cricket legends