17 reported dead in south Afghan blast
Kabul: Police say a bomb concealed on a bicycle has killed 17 people in southern Afghanistan.
Another 15 people were injured in the blast Wednesday in the district of Nasri Sarraj just north of Lashkar Gah in Helmand province. That`s according to Kamaluddin, the deputy provincial police chief who uses only one name.
Provincial government spokesman Daoud Ahmadi said people had gathered in the area to receive free seeds from the government as part of a program to encourage them not to plant opium poppy.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Admissions 2015: Know India's best ranking Universities
- Yasin Bhatkal calls wife from Hyderabad jail, talks of 'help from Damascus'
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with UPSC topper Ira Singhal's family
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Is Corporate Social Responsibility nothing but a marketing gimmick?
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions
- Five guerrillas, one soldier killed near LoC
- 3rd Test, Day 2: Sri Lanka rattle Pakistan in decider
- Indian Mujahideen chief Yasin Bhatkal indicates Islamic State will help him get out of jail soon
- Missing UK schoolgirls seen carrying Kalashnikov rifle in ISIS's Raqqa?