`18 militants killed in Pak tribal region`
Peshawar: At least 18 pro-Taliban militants were killed when security forces targeted rebel positions in the restive Mohmand tribal region of northwest Pakistan on Tuesday, security sources said.
Eighteen pro-Taliban militants were killed and twenty-two injured and 10 rebel hideouts destroyed during the operations, the sources said.
The troops targeted militant hideouts in Khewazai, Baizai, Ambar and Safi areas of Mohmand Agency, they said.
Pakistani military has been conducting operations in the restive tribal region, considered a hub of Taliban and al-Qaeda elements. Washington has asked Islamabad to launch a decisive offensive against Taliban and al-Qaeda in the restive region.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- Panel discussion on RSS's 'Muslim Rashtriya Manch' first Iftaar party
- Jhansi police launches ‘Citizen Cop’ android app
- MPs spend more than Rs 25 cr taxpayers' money on study tours: DNA reports
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- Chile stun Argentina to win first Copa America crown