`18 militants killed in Pak tribal region`
Peshawar: At least 18 pro-Taliban militants were killed when security forces targeted rebel positions in the restive Mohmand tribal region of northwest Pakistan on Tuesday, security sources said.
Eighteen pro-Taliban militants were killed and twenty-two injured and 10 rebel hideouts destroyed during the operations, the sources said.
The troops targeted militant hideouts in Khewazai, Baizai, Ambar and Safi areas of Mohmand Agency, they said.
Pakistani military has been conducting operations in the restive tribal region, considered a hub of Taliban and al-Qaeda elements. Washington has asked Islamabad to launch a decisive offensive against Taliban and al-Qaeda in the restive region.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BJP likely to form next govt in Bihar: Mulayam Singh
- Haryana minister Krishan Bedi mocks Modi's 'Swachh Bharat Abhiyan'
- Shiv Sena spills ink on ORF chairperson Sudheendra Kulkarni's face
- Bihar Polls: Lalu Yadav's controversial tweet against Karpoori Thakur and PM Modi
- Hafiz Saeed teaching terrorism to children in Pakistan
- ISL 2015: Atletico de Kolkata vs Kerala Blasters - Preview
- Aarushi Talwar's grandfather breaks silence, writes open letter – Read
- 2015 Bihar Assembly Elections: 57% voting in first phase, women voters outnumber men
- Five ways to get pregnant fast!
- Bihar polls: Wave in favour of BJP, will form next government, says Mulayam Singh Yadav