19 injured in Afghan mosque blast
Moscow: At least 19 people were injured in Afghanistan when a powerful bomb exploded during Friday prayers in a mosque, a media report said.
According to the Pajhwok news agency, the blast took place in a mosque in Chaparhar, a predominantly Pashtun populated area in Nangarhar province.
Eyewitnesses said the imam of the mosque was seriously injured.
According to the health ministry, the injured were rushed to a hospital in the provincial capital Jalalabad. Nine were discharged after receiving first medical aid.
Fazel Hadi Moslimyar, speaker of the Afghan senate, blamed the blast on Taliban militants.
The Taliban were yet to comment.
Friday`s blast was the second mosque blast in Afghanistan in less than a week.
On July 30, at least five people, including a local judge, were killed when an explosive device went off at a mosque in Uruzgan province.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Megastar Amitabh Bachchan chased by a tiger!
- Bihar polls: Alert sounded ahead of PM Modi's rallies in Bihar
- Caught on camera: Woman stealing cell phone in store
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- Rahul Gandhi takes potshot at PM Narendra Modi's fashion sense - Watch
- Bihar has to choose between 'jungle raj' and 'vikas Raj': Narendra Modi
- Salman Khan's songs: Best five!
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook