2 American troops die in Afghanistan: US military
Kabul: Two American troops were killed on Saturday by insurgents in eastern Afghanistan, an area that has seen heavy fighting in recent months, the US military said.
No other information about the deaths was disclosed, pending notification of family members.
But a US military official said two US special operations forces were killed by small arms fire in Wardak province, southwest of Kabul.
The official spoke on condition of anonymity because he was not authorised to disclose information about the deaths. So far this year, 296 international troops, including at least 257 Americans, have been killed in Afghanistan.
In the south, an Afghan policeman was killed and another was wounded when a remote-controlled bomb planted on a motorbike was detonated in Sangin district of Helmand province, according to provincial spokesman Ahmad Zarak.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
More from Health
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- India-Afghanistan thrash Pakistan over terrorism issue in Heart of Asia conference
- Gujarat: Goods train engine catches fire in Surat
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition extremely grave
- Is population control next on central govt's agenda after demonetization?
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- Live: Jayalalithaa passes away in Chennai after suffering cardiac arrest; PM Modi pays tribute to Tamil Nadu CM
- People want to know whether Jayalalithaa is alive or not; PM Narendra Modi must intervene, says expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition continues to remain critical after suffering cardiac arrest
- Jayalalithaa's health condition: Amma critical, nation's political fraternity expresses concern - Who said what