2 American troops die in Afghanistan: US military
Kabul: Two American troops were killed on Saturday by insurgents in eastern Afghanistan, an area that has seen heavy fighting in recent months, the US military said.
No other information about the deaths was disclosed, pending notification of family members.
But a US military official said two US special operations forces were killed by small arms fire in Wardak province, southwest of Kabul.
The official spoke on condition of anonymity because he was not authorised to disclose information about the deaths. So far this year, 296 international troops, including at least 257 Americans, have been killed in Afghanistan.
In the south, an Afghan policeman was killed and another was wounded when a remote-controlled bomb planted on a motorbike was detonated in Sangin district of Helmand province, according to provincial spokesman Ahmad Zarak.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rahul Gandhi takes U-turn, says never blamed RSS for Gandhi's assassination
- Secret documents on Indian Navy's Scorpene-class submarine leaked
- PM Modi's photos, Indian flags raised during massive protests in Balochistan
- Did India become victim of Scorpene submarine conspiracy?
- Did India become victim of Scorpene submarine conspiracy? Part II
- Facebook testing autoplaying videos with sound turned on
- SBI to raise up to Rs 11,000 crore via debt securities
- India A skipper Manish Pandey fined for showing dissent after dismissal
- Dahi Handi festival: SC refuses to lift restrictions on height of human pyramid, calls it 'risky'
- Tiger Shroff wants to do clean, noble characters