2 killed, 11 injured in Pakistan blast
Islamabad: Two persons were killed and 11 others injured when a security forces convoy was targeted with a roadside bomb in Quetta city of southwest Pakistan o Tuesday, officials said.
A car bomb was set off by remote control as a convoy of the paramilitary Frontier Corps was passing through Saryab Road, a key thoroughfare in Quetta, the capital of the restive Balochistan province.
The security personnel escaped unharmed though the blast hit a taxi and two auto-rickshaws.
A man in the taxi was killed instantly and an injured person died later in hospital.
Three children and two women were among the injured, security officials told the media.
Footage on television showed debris scattered on the road.
The taxi and the auto-rickshaws lay by the side of the road.
Security forces cordoned off the area and launched a search operation.
No group claimed responsibility for the incident though such attacks are usually blamed on Baloch nationalist groups.
Police and security forces are frequently attacked in insurgency hit Balochistan.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Call up this number and get Reliance Jio's SIM for sure
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray
- Anna Hazare flaunts his swag on 'The Kapil Sharma Show', no kidding! - Pic inside