2 killed, 11 injured in Pakistan blast
Islamabad: Two persons were killed and 11 others injured when a security forces convoy was targeted with a roadside bomb in Quetta city of southwest Pakistan o Tuesday, officials said.
A car bomb was set off by remote control as a convoy of the paramilitary Frontier Corps was passing through Saryab Road, a key thoroughfare in Quetta, the capital of the restive Balochistan province.
The security personnel escaped unharmed though the blast hit a taxi and two auto-rickshaws.
A man in the taxi was killed instantly and an injured person died later in hospital.
Three children and two women were among the injured, security officials told the media.
Footage on television showed debris scattered on the road.
The taxi and the auto-rickshaws lay by the side of the road.
Security forces cordoned off the area and launched a search operation.
No group claimed responsibility for the incident though such attacks are usually blamed on Baloch nationalist groups.
Police and security forces are frequently attacked in insurgency hit Balochistan.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- Air India lodges FIR against Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad for assaulting staffer
- What Hindu saints think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why
- Know how to link your PAN card with Aadhaar card – Here is the step by step explanation
- Mohanlal's 'Manyam Puli' has a BREATHTAKING scene where TIGER attacks a boy! WATCH 'Pulimurugan' clip
- Yogi Adityanath meets gang-rape survivor, who was forced to drink acid, at Lucknow hospital; two arrested