20 killed in Pakistan blast
Islamabad: A roadside bomb ripped through a bus in Pakistan on Thursday, killing at least 20 Shia passengers and wounding 25 others, local media reported.
The blast took place around 6.00 p.m. in Hazarganji area of Balochistan province, Xinhua quoted the Urdu channel AAJ TV as saying.
About 50 Shia Muslims were aboard the Quetta-bound bus from Iran. They were returning from a pilgrimage. The vehicle was destroyed.
Authorities said about 50 kg of explosives were used for the blast.
One of the two police vehicles providing security to the bus was also attacked, leaving at least one policeman dead and three others injured.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Did history fail to serve justice to Dr Shyama Prasad Mukherjee?
- Did history fail to serve justice to Dr Shyama Prasad Mukherjee? - Part II
- Did history fail to serve justice to Dr Shyama Prasad Mukherjee? - Part III
- Did history fail to serve justice to Dr Shyama Prasad Mukherjee? - Part IV
- Are central govt employees justified in demanding salary hike?
- Malegaon blasts case: Narendra Modi government should sack NIA chief, demands Congress
- Another blow to YS Jaganmohan Reddy, ED attaches assets worth Rs 749.10 crore
- Toyota recalls 3.37 million cars over airbag, emissions control issues
- 7th Central Pay Commission: 14 key facts that all government employees must know
- Priyanka Gandhi Vadra to campaign outside Amethi and Rae Bareilly in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections?