20 killed in Pakistan blast
Islamabad: A roadside bomb ripped through a bus in Pakistan on Thursday, killing at least 20 Shia passengers and wounding 25 others, local media reported.
The blast took place around 6.00 p.m. in Hazarganji area of Balochistan province, Xinhua quoted the Urdu channel AAJ TV as saying.
About 50 Shia Muslims were aboard the Quetta-bound bus from Iran. They were returning from a pilgrimage. The vehicle was destroyed.
Authorities said about 50 kg of explosives were used for the blast.
One of the two police vehicles providing security to the bus was also attacked, leaving at least one policeman dead and three others injured.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail: As it happened
- Yakub Memon's body handed over to family, tight security in Mumbai
- Yakub Memon wanted to meet his daughter before being hanged
- Yakub Memon: The two men who lead police to 'House of Memons'