20 killed in Pakistan blast
Islamabad: A roadside bomb ripped through a bus in Pakistan on Thursday, killing at least 20 Shia passengers and wounding 25 others, local media reported.
The blast took place around 6.00 p.m. in Hazarganji area of Balochistan province, Xinhua quoted the Urdu channel AAJ TV as saying.
About 50 Shia Muslims were aboard the Quetta-bound bus from Iran. They were returning from a pilgrimage. The vehicle was destroyed.
Authorities said about 50 kg of explosives were used for the blast.
One of the two police vehicles providing security to the bus was also attacked, leaving at least one policeman dead and three others injured.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video
- Disruption of Parliament not acceptable, for God's sake, do your job: President Pranab Mukherjee to MPs
- Aamir Khan as Mahavir Singh Phogat in 'Dangal' title track looks phenomenal!