20-year-old girl injured in acid attack in Pakistan
Lahore: A 20-year-old Pakistani girl was severely injured when two persons threw acid on her apparently to force her to withdraw a rape case against one of them.
The two approached the victim yesterday when she was at a bus stop in Lahore and threw acid on her. They fled the scene after the incident.
The victim was rushed to a nearby hospital where her condition is stated to be critical.
Ali Raza and his accomplice threw acid on the girl, said Superintendent of Police Awais Malik.
"Raza had allegedly raped her sometimes ago and was at large," he said, adding that it appeared the accused wanted to stop the victim from pursuing the case against him.
The police have registered another case against Raza.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Rameswaram waits to give final salute to Dr Abdul Kalam
- SC order on Yakub Memon huge disappointment, setback: Owaisi
- Last rites of Gurdaspur attack martyr Baljit Singh in Kapurthala
- DNA analysis of Yakub Memon's final moments in Nagpur Jail
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail: As it happened
- Has President Pranab Mukherjee rejected Yakub Memon's mercy plea?
- SC refuses stay on Yakub Memon's hanging: As it happened
- 2 NDA, 4 UPA leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim before 26/11: Report