21 suspected Taliban arrested in Pakistan
Peshawar: Twenty-one suspects, including nine
proclaimed offenders, were arrested during a search operation
in northwest Pakistan on Thursday, police said.
District Police Officer Kohat Dilawar Khan who led the
search, recovered a large cache of arms, narcotics and alcohol
in Kohat region of Khyber Pukhtunkhwa.
The suspects were arrested from different parts of Kohat,
bordering the volatile Orakzai agency, where forces are
currently engaged to flush out militants with links to
The Pakistani military claims it has killed nearly
1,000 militants since an offensive was launched in Orakzai
Agency earlier this year though the figure cannot be
independently confirmed as journalists are barred from the
Under US pressure, Pakistan launched a military
offensive in May last year against militants and pushed them
out of the Taliban bastion of Swat.
Pakistani security forces have flushed out the Taliban
from many parts of the tribal belt bordering Afghanistan and
the army is expected to move into North Waziristan.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- India can meet its energy requirements from Moon by 2030, says ISRO
- J&K: 26 soldiers martyred, 22 militants killed as Army steps up security in Valley
- Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections 2017: Samajwadi Party's 'kaam bolta hai' slogan faces litmus test
- Sony Xperia X gets a price cut of whopping Rs 14,000