22 injured in Nepal plane crash
Kathmandu: Twenty two people were injured when an aircraft skidded off Nepal`s Jomsom airport and fell into a river Thursday, police said.
The plane of Nepal Airlines that flew from Nepal`s second largest city Pokhara to Mustang skidded off the Jomsom airport and fell into the Kaligandaki river Thursday morning, injuring all the 21 people onboard, including 18 passengers and three crew members. There were no fatalities, police said.
The passengers include eight Japanese and ten Nepalese nationals, reported Xinhua.
"One of the wheels of the plane had problem while landing. The plane skidded off the runway and fell into the Kaligandaki river flowing alongside," Purna Gauchan, an eye witness said.
"The seriously injured persons are being flown to Pokhara and persons with minor injuries are being treated at the district hospital in Mustang," Keshav Adhikari, Nepal Police spokesperson told Xinhua.
On May 14 last year, a Dornier plane of Agni Air crashed in Jomsom killing 14 passengers.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- 800 tourists stranded in Andamans due to heavy rains, Navy launches rescue operation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Cashless transactions increased rapidly following note ban
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Pakistan International Airlines plane from Chitral to Islamabad crashes near Havelian, 48 people dead
- Gali Janardhana Reddy converted Rs 100 crore black money by paying 20% commission, claims driver's suicide note
- Was Rahul Gandhi smiling during Jayalalithaa's funeral? Twitter users share pictures as proof