23 Hindus kidnapped in Pakistani province
Islamabad: At least 23 Hindus have been kidnapped in Pakistan`s southwest Balochistan province over the past few months, a top official said on Saturday.
Incidents of kidnapping for ransom in Balochistan have increased over a period, forcing the Hindu community to migrate to other parts of the country, provincial Home Secretary Naseebullah Bazai told Dawn News.
At least 70 people were kidnapped from Quetta alone in the last three months.
Bazai said that 53 victims have been rescued so far, while the others were yet to be traced.
An anti-kidnapping force has been formed to check the incidents, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Cashless transactions increased rapidly following note ban
- Was Rahul Gandhi smiling during Jayalalithaa's funeral? Twitter users share pictures as proof
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- Reliance Jio effect: Airtel offers free unlimited local and STD calls with 4G data at Rs 145
- PM Narendra Modi ropes in Nandan Nilekani to boost process of digital payments post demonetisation