23 Hindus kidnapped in Pakistani province
Islamabad: At least 23 Hindus have been kidnapped in Pakistan`s southwest Balochistan province over the past few months, a top official said on Saturday.
Incidents of kidnapping for ransom in Balochistan have increased over a period, forcing the Hindu community to migrate to other parts of the country, provincial Home Secretary Naseebullah Bazai told Dawn News.
At least 70 people were kidnapped from Quetta alone in the last three months.
Bazai said that 53 victims have been rescued so far, while the others were yet to be traced.
An anti-kidnapping force has been formed to check the incidents, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Baahubali' becomes first non-Hindi film to cross Rs 500 crore
- Ban on internet porn: Here's why it is impossible
- 'Bajrangi Bhaijaan' impact: Govt agrees to help deaf-and-dumb Indian girl stranded in Pakistan
- Govt doesn't want you to even watch porn in private, blocks over 800 sites
- Personality check: What is the colour of your eyes?