23 Hindus kidnapped in Pakistani province
Islamabad: At least 23 Hindus have been kidnapped in Pakistan`s southwest Balochistan province over the past few months, a top official said on Saturday.
Incidents of kidnapping for ransom in Balochistan have increased over a period, forcing the Hindu community to migrate to other parts of the country, provincial Home Secretary Naseebullah Bazai told Dawn News.
At least 70 people were kidnapped from Quetta alone in the last three months.
Bazai said that 53 victims have been rescued so far, while the others were yet to be traced.
An anti-kidnapping force has been formed to check the incidents, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- DNA: Exclusive report on the extreme sacrifices made by ITBP soldiers
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Panel discussion over delayed development in Ayodhya
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- Read letters by Ratan Tata to PM Narendra Modi and Group employees after Cyrus Mistry's ouster
- India vs New Zealand: Awestruck Kiwis witness MS Dhoni driving his Hummer in Ranchi, and photo goes viral
- Lashkar-e-Toiba claims responsibility for Uri attack in posters pasted in Pakistan town