23 Hindus kidnapped in Pakistani province
Islamabad: At least 23 Hindus have been kidnapped in Pakistan`s southwest Balochistan province over the past few months, a top official said on Saturday.
Incidents of kidnapping for ransom in Balochistan have increased over a period, forcing the Hindu community to migrate to other parts of the country, provincial Home Secretary Naseebullah Bazai told Dawn News.
At least 70 people were kidnapped from Quetta alone in the last three months.
Bazai said that 53 victims have been rescued so far, while the others were yet to be traced.
An anti-kidnapping force has been formed to check the incidents, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trouble mounts for Salman Khan as driver reiterates that actor killed blackbuck
- PM Modi to chair NITI aayog meeting today
- Narsingh Yadav dope scandal: NADA set to announce verdict today
- Protests in Kashmir were fuelled by LeT: Hafiz Saeed
- Cabinet approves changes to GST Bill, drops 1% additional tax
- Look what Sidharth Malhotra has to say about PM Narendra Modi and President Pranab Mukherjee’s ‘Kala Chashma’
- Markandey Katju lambasts Umar Khalid over Burhan Wani, Azadi for Kashmir demand – Know what he said
- Nintendo's Mario eyes a Mickey Mouse merchandising makeover
- Hepatitis prevention: Protect your liver with these useful tips
- PROMO alert! Hrithik Roshan as Sarman in 'Mohenjo Daro' —Watch now