23 Hindus kidnapped in Pakistani province
Islamabad: At least 23 Hindus have been kidnapped in Pakistan`s southwest Balochistan province over the past few months, a top official said on Saturday.
Incidents of kidnapping for ransom in Balochistan have increased over a period, forcing the Hindu community to migrate to other parts of the country, provincial Home Secretary Naseebullah Bazai told Dawn News.
At least 70 people were kidnapped from Quetta alone in the last three months.
Bazai said that 53 victims have been rescued so far, while the others were yet to be traced.
An anti-kidnapping force has been formed to check the incidents, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 24 dead after boat carrying 40 capsizes in river Ganga in Patna; many still missing
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: What characteristics define a true leader?
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Tourists flock to Manali as snowfall takes a short break
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- Abhishek Bachchan reveals the moment when Aishwarya Rai said 'yes' to him
- India vs England, 1st ODI: As it happened...
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre