23 killed, 68,000 displaced in Sri Lanka floods
Colombo: Twenty-three people were killed and over 68,000 families were displaced in floods in Sri Lanka, an official said Thursday.
Heavy rains lashed for the fifth day Thursday in several parts of the country. Fifteen others were missing, Xinhua reported.
Relief workers were struggling to get aid to the affected people in 11 districts. The navy, army and the police were deployed for relief work.
More than 15,000 acres of paddy crops were damaged.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Washington Mayor calls Michelle Obama 'gorilla face', says 'she is attractive only to monkey man Barack'
- 'Baahubali' becomes first non-Hindi film to cross Rs 500 crore
- 'Bajrangi Bhaijaan' impact: Govt agrees to help deaf-and-dumb Indian girl stranded in Pakistan
- Ban on internet porn: Here's why it is impossible
- Govt doesn't want you to even watch porn in private, blocks over 800 sites