23 killed, 68,000 displaced in Sri Lanka floods
Colombo: Twenty-three people were killed and over 68,000 families were displaced in floods in Sri Lanka, an official said Thursday.
Heavy rains lashed for the fifth day Thursday in several parts of the country. Fifteen others were missing, Xinhua reported.
Relief workers were struggling to get aid to the affected people in 11 districts. The navy, army and the police were deployed for relief work.
More than 15,000 acres of paddy crops were damaged.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian woman rescued from German refugee camp returns home, thanks government
- Signs that prove Lord Hanuman is still alive
- Will wipe out BJP and Congress from the country: Akbaruddin Owaisi
- Ahead of 'Kashmir Solidarity Day', Hafiz Saeed's JuD releases controversial video featuring Pakistani Army chief
- `Jawaharlal Nehru awarded the man who stole Subhas Chandra Bose's INA treasure`