23 killed, 68,000 displaced in Sri Lanka floods
Colombo: Twenty-three people were killed and over 68,000 families were displaced in floods in Sri Lanka, an official said Thursday.
Heavy rains lashed for the fifth day Thursday in several parts of the country. Fifteen others were missing, Xinhua reported.
Relief workers were struggling to get aid to the affected people in 11 districts. The navy, army and the police were deployed for relief work.
More than 15,000 acres of paddy crops were damaged.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Hashim Amla refuses to be interviewed by 'underdressed' Indian TV anchor: Report
- Scariest ever ghosts caught on camera, video goes viral - Watch
- Ravindra Jadeja gets engaged to Rajkot-based mechanical engineer Reeva Solanki
- Smoking hot! Deepika Padukone's first look in 'xXx' with Vin Diesel creates storm!
- Abhishek Bachchan's 'family' birthday—See pics