23 killed, 68,000 displaced in Sri Lanka floods
Colombo: Twenty-three people were killed and over 68,000 families were displaced in floods in Sri Lanka, an official said Thursday.
Heavy rains lashed for the fifth day Thursday in several parts of the country. Fifteen others were missing, Xinhua reported.
Relief workers were struggling to get aid to the affected people in 11 districts. The navy, army and the police were deployed for relief work.
More than 15,000 acres of paddy crops were damaged.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- DNA: Captain Saurabh Kalia's torture at the hands of Pakistani Army
- DNA: Govt tests Maggi noodle samples from all states
- Zee Media exclusive interview with victim of Uber molestation
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 1 billion reward for PM Modi's arrest
- Was asked to call Sunanda Pushkar’s death `natural`: AIIMS doctor
- Maggi row: Delhi registers case against Nestle, Kerala withdraws stock from govt stores
- From being the ‘Dabangg’ girl to ‘Akira’ - Sonakshi Sinha’s journey so far
- China ship carrying 458 on board sinks in Yangtze River: Five dead, hundreds missing