23 killed in different road accidents in Bangladesh
Dhaka: As many as 23 people were killed in
different road accidents in Bangladesh on Wednesday, with the major
crash killing 16 passengers when their bus rammed into a truck
in south-western Bagerhat.
A bus full of passengers collided with a mango-laden
truck head on early this morning, killing at least 16 people
and injuring 30 others on a highway in Bagerhat, state-run BSS
news agency said.
Reports said all the 16 passengers died on the spot
and police and fire service rescuers fear the toll could rise
many injured were said to be critical.
A police official reached here by phone said several
passengers were trapped inside the bus wreck for a long time
as it took rescue workers hours to pull them out, using
In another incident, five people were killed as a bus
hit a CNG-run auto-rickshaw coming from opposite direction in
central Comilla, while four others were injured, the private
UNB news agency said.
Two other deaths were reported from north-western
Sirajganj where two trucks collided with each other.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over vote bank politics on Hinduism
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Pak High Commission staffer grilled for spying, released later
- Watch: Report on delayed development in Ayodhya
- DNA: Ground reporting of the deteriorating sanctity of Ayodhya
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- National Geographic's famed ''Afghan Girl'' arrested in Pakistan for forgery
- Hrithik Roshan, Yami Gautam's 'Kaabil' trailer shocks Rakesh Roshan
- India vs New Zealand, 4th ODI: As it happened...