23 killed in different road accidents in Bangladesh
Dhaka: As many as 23 people were killed in
different road accidents in Bangladesh on Wednesday, with the major
crash killing 16 passengers when their bus rammed into a truck
in south-western Bagerhat.
A bus full of passengers collided with a mango-laden
truck head on early this morning, killing at least 16 people
and injuring 30 others on a highway in Bagerhat, state-run BSS
news agency said.
Reports said all the 16 passengers died on the spot
and police and fire service rescuers fear the toll could rise
many injured were said to be critical.
A police official reached here by phone said several
passengers were trapped inside the bus wreck for a long time
as it took rescue workers hours to pull them out, using
In another incident, five people were killed as a bus
hit a CNG-run auto-rickshaw coming from opposite direction in
central Comilla, while four others were injured, the private
UNB news agency said.
Two other deaths were reported from north-western
Sirajganj where two trucks collided with each other.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 24 dead after boat carrying 40 capsizes in river Ganga in Patna; many still missing
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Tourists flock to Manali as snowfall takes a short break
- Abhishek Bachchan reveals the moment when Aishwarya Rai said 'yes' to him
- India vs England, 1st ODI: As it happened...
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre