23 killed in different road accidents in Bangladesh
Dhaka: As many as 23 people were killed in
different road accidents in Bangladesh on Wednesday, with the major
crash killing 16 passengers when their bus rammed into a truck
in south-western Bagerhat.
A bus full of passengers collided with a mango-laden
truck head on early this morning, killing at least 16 people
and injuring 30 others on a highway in Bagerhat, state-run BSS
news agency said.
Reports said all the 16 passengers died on the spot
and police and fire service rescuers fear the toll could rise
many injured were said to be critical.
A police official reached here by phone said several
passengers were trapped inside the bus wreck for a long time
as it took rescue workers hours to pull them out, using
In another incident, five people were killed as a bus
hit a CNG-run auto-rickshaw coming from opposite direction in
central Comilla, while four others were injured, the private
UNB news agency said.
Two other deaths were reported from north-western
Sirajganj where two trucks collided with each other.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 6.3-magnitude earthquake hits off Papua New Guinea: USGS
- Brexit a danger to US financial stability: Treasury
- Pak group uses ‘pellet-hit’ images of PM Modi, Amitabh Bachchan for Kashmir issue
- 19 killed in knife rampage at Japan care home; suspect surrenders
- Government auditor suspects companies rigged 1st e-auction of coal blocks in 2015