23 killed in Pakistan road accident
Islamabad: At least 23 people were killed and over 30 injured in a road accident in Pakistan`s Punjab province early Saturday, police said.
The accident occurred at about 2:00 a.m. when a bus, heading towards the industrial city of Faisalabad from Lahore, hit a roadside pole and overturned near Shekupura, a district located some 40 km from Lahore city, Xinhua reported.
Many of the injured were in critical condition and the toll could rise, said hospital sources.
Police believed the accident happened due to over-speeding.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Security guard beats woman journalist publicly in Pakistan
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- ISIS terrorists escape Mosul disguised in women's clothing
- DNA: Reporting on war against ISIS in Mosul
- DNA: Analysing the existing poor condition of Indian education system
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Hema Malini did not accept land for dance academy: Government to HC
- Seven Pak rangers, one militant killed in retaliatory firing by BSF on Jammu border