23 killed in Pakistan road accident
Islamabad: At least 23 people were killed and over 30 injured in a road accident in Pakistan`s Punjab province early Saturday, police said.
The accident occurred at about 2:00 a.m. when a bus, heading towards the industrial city of Faisalabad from Lahore, hit a roadside pole and overturned near Shekupura, a district located some 40 km from Lahore city, Xinhua reported.
Many of the injured were in critical condition and the toll could rise, said hospital sources.
Police believed the accident happened due to over-speeding.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Discussion over BJP's enormous victory in Maharashtra civic polls
- BMC elections 2017: Who will be the Mayor of Mumbai?
- Coimbatore: PM Narendra Modi unveils 112-foot tall bust of Lord Shiva
- Panel discussion on Farooq Abdullah's remark on terrorists
- Zee Media Exclusive: In conversation with BJP President Amit Shah
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'
- IND vs AUS, 1st Test, Day 3: As it happened...
- BMC poll results: Shiv Sena approaches Congress for pact, party says 'not interested'
- Indian man Srinivas Kuchibhotla shot dead in Kansas bar while watching basketball game - Know what happened
- PM Narendra Modi's gift on Maha Shivaratari: A 112-foot face of Lord Shiva - Read details