23 killed in Pakistan road accident
Islamabad: At least 23 people were killed and over 30 injured in a road accident in Pakistan`s Punjab province early Saturday, police said.
The accident occurred at about 2:00 a.m. when a bus, heading towards the industrial city of Faisalabad from Lahore, hit a roadside pole and overturned near Shekupura, a district located some 40 km from Lahore city, Xinhua reported.
Many of the injured were in critical condition and the toll could rise, said hospital sources.
Police believed the accident happened due to over-speeding.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Political war of words erupts over Yakub Memon's execution
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How do you cope up with ever changing environment in life?
- Exclusive interview with APJ Abdul Kalam’s aide Srijan Pal Singh
- Russian aircraft Mi-28 crashes during an aerobatics show
- Shravan month begins, devotees throng Shiva temples
- Watch: Passenger plane dangerously oscillates before touching runway
- Yakub Memon's execution: Supreme Court Deputy Registrar quits over judgement
- Govt formalises strategies to counter ISIS threat, maintain internal security
- Manbir Kaur becomes first Sikh girl in Pakistan to top Class 10 exam
- Here's what Islamic State captors told Indian teachers