23 killed in Pakistan road accident
Islamabad: At least 23 people were killed and over 30 injured in a road accident in Pakistan`s Punjab province early Saturday, police said.
The accident occurred at about 2:00 a.m. when a bus, heading towards the industrial city of Faisalabad from Lahore, hit a roadside pole and overturned near Shekupura, a district located some 40 km from Lahore city, Xinhua reported.
Many of the injured were in critical condition and the toll could rise, said hospital sources.
Police believed the accident happened due to over-speeding.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on Mumbai HC allowing women to enter Haji Ali Dargah
- Panel discussion on Mumbai HC allowing women to enter Haji Ali Dargah Part II
- Uttarakhand: MBBS students builds toilets in a village in Rishikesh
- Digital detox helps to get rid of smartphones addiction
- Watch: Syrian boys crying, hugging each other after their brother is killed in airstrike
- M&M launches DiGiSense platform to access vital vehicle info
- Oil falls amid supply glut, lower prospects of output freeze
- UN verified Dawood's Pak addresses, wife, father's name, aliases; high time it extradites him: MEA
- Injured Cristiano Ronaldo absent from Portugal squad for World Cup 2018 qualifying round
- Rio Olympics 2016: Five Indian athletes who redefined 'woman power'