24 Taliban fighters killed in Pak
Peshawar: Twenty-four Taliban fighters
and a soldier were killed and several others injured in
clashes with security forces in the restive Orakzai tribal
region of northwest Pakistan on Wednesday, officials said.
The militants were killed during clashes that
erupted in Dabori area of Orakzai Agency, Frontier Corps
spokesman Maj Fazlur Rehman said.
Nine soldiers were also injured in the fighting, he
Over 50 Taliban fighters and seven Pakistani
security personnel have died in clashes in Orakzai Agency over
the past two days.
Several soldiers were killed yesterday when two
suicide bombers blew themselves up near the positions of
The Pakistan Army had claimed at the beginning of
this month that operations against the Taliban in Orakzai
Agency had been successfully completed.
However, violence has continued in the
semi-autonomous tribal region with militants still targeting
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Watch: Man beheads wife; roams on streets with severed head in Pune
- Greater Noida women blames UP police for stripping off their clothes
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook
- Man beheads wife over suspicion of illicit relationship, walks on road with her head
- Radhe Maa dances at casino in London, claims video
- Why CBI is worried about Indian men’s lust for violent porn
- Lalu Prasad Yadav challenges Narendra Modi over 'shaitan' comment, demands PM's apology