24 Taliban fighters killed in Pak
Peshawar: Twenty-four Taliban fighters
and a soldier were killed and several others injured in
clashes with security forces in the restive Orakzai tribal
region of northwest Pakistan on Wednesday, officials said.
The militants were killed during clashes that
erupted in Dabori area of Orakzai Agency, Frontier Corps
spokesman Maj Fazlur Rehman said.
Nine soldiers were also injured in the fighting, he
Over 50 Taliban fighters and seven Pakistani
security personnel have died in clashes in Orakzai Agency over
the past two days.
Several soldiers were killed yesterday when two
suicide bombers blew themselves up near the positions of
The Pakistan Army had claimed at the beginning of
this month that operations against the Taliban in Orakzai
Agency had been successfully completed.
However, violence has continued in the
semi-autonomous tribal region with militants still targeting
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Coimbatore: PM Narendra Modi unveils 112-foot tall bust of Lord Shiva
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi addressing rally in Imphal
- Will Shiv Sena join hands with Congress to stop BJP from entering BMC?
- Panel discussion on Farooq Abdullah's remark on terrorists
- DNA: Why depression cases are increasing rapidly in India?
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'
- India vs Australia, 1st Test, Day 3: As it happened...
- Pune Test: Virender Sehwag could have saved India from embarrassment, says former Aussie stars