250 Afghan students believed poisoned
Kabul: At least 250 children in Afghanistan`s Khost province had to be rushed to hospital Tuesday when they showed symptoms of poisoning after drinking contaminated water in their school, Xinhua reported.
"As many as 250 students have been admitted to a hospital in provincial capital Khost city Tuesday morning," police official Sardar Mohammad Zazai said. "Our initial investigation indicates that the students were poisoned after the contamination of their drinking water in Warza High School."
He also said that some of the students were allowed to return home but several others still remained in hospital undergoing treatment.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of problems of unemployement in India
- DNA: Analysis of how car makers are playing with people's life
- DNA: Analysis of increasing trade of terror, laudanum and fake currency in Malda
- DNA: Analysis of increasing trade of terror, laudanum and fake currency in Malda- Part II
- DNA: A plane landed at -100 degree celsius to rescue a worker
- Google teams up with Udacity to initiate programme for Android beginners
- LIVE Brexit shock: Markets pare early losses; Sensex still down over 700 points
- Varun Dhawan, Jacqueline and John Abraham in 'Sau Tarah Ke' making video look HIGH on energy! Watch now
- Indian Premier League overdose? This is what BCCI intends to do in September
- 'CashEnglish' app rewards users with real cash