250 Afghan students believed poisoned
Kabul: At least 250 children in Afghanistan`s Khost province had to be rushed to hospital Tuesday when they showed symptoms of poisoning after drinking contaminated water in their school, Xinhua reported.
"As many as 250 students have been admitted to a hospital in provincial capital Khost city Tuesday morning," police official Sardar Mohammad Zazai said. "Our initial investigation indicates that the students were poisoned after the contamination of their drinking water in Warza High School."
He also said that some of the students were allowed to return home but several others still remained in hospital undergoing treatment.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Beaten by mob in Kolkata, US NRI vows never to return in India
- When will democracy get freedom from dynasty politics?
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- DNA: Has bad time started for American 'media' after Donald Trump became US President?
- DNA: Analyzing the role of Netaji Subhash Chandra Bose in Indian Independence
- WATCH: Epic Staredown between Goldberg, The Undertaker and Brock Lesnar at WWE Raw
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Reliance Jio impact: Bharti Airtel Q3 net profit dips 54% to Rs 503.7 crore