250 Pakistani police recruits get food poisoning
Islamabad: Nearly 250 police recruits suffered food poisoning in Pakistan`s port city of Karachi, a news agencies said Monday.
The 244 sick police recruits were taken to Jinnah Hospital here, Geo News reported.
Simi Jamal, an official, said over 100 trainee police personnel have been discharged after an improvement in their condition.
The mass food-poisoning took place at Razzakabad Police Training Centre. Hundreds of trainees, who had eaten the food provided by their mess, fell ill. Most of the recruits started throwing up, causing severe dehydration.
Police academy sources said the last meal served at the mess was a dish of chickpeas and boiled eggs.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- MP: Dalit families migrating from village due to hooligans
- Is there any political clash between Akhilesh Yadav and Shivpal Yadav?
- Panel discussion on the need of 'smart' politics in India
- Panel discussion on the need of 'smart' politics in India - Part II
- Panel discussion on the need of 'smart' politics in India - Part III
- Sky is the limit for investments in India: Arun Jaitley
- Like seriously! Kanye West lying naked along with other 11 personalities in his 'Famous' video - Watch
- Why hot climate fuels aggression, violence
- Dinosaur-era bugs knew how to camouflage
- Mumbai school refuses admission to boy, judge offers to pay fees