250 Pakistani police recruits get food poisoning
Islamabad: Nearly 250 police recruits suffered food poisoning in Pakistan`s port city of Karachi, a news agencies said Monday.
The 244 sick police recruits were taken to Jinnah Hospital here, Geo News reported.
Simi Jamal, an official, said over 100 trainee police personnel have been discharged after an improvement in their condition.
The mass food-poisoning took place at Razzakabad Police Training Centre. Hundreds of trainees, who had eaten the food provided by their mess, fell ill. Most of the recruits started throwing up, causing severe dehydration.
Police academy sources said the last meal served at the mess was a dish of chickpeas and boiled eggs.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Have political parties diverted from development agenda in UP elections?
- Pakistan cancels licenses of weapons issued to Hafiz Saeed and his aides
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- Reliance Jio Prime Membership at Rs 99: All you need to know about the plan
- 'Intolerance brigade' attacks Zee News' #FatehKaFatwa host Tarek Fateh - WATCH