250 Pakistani police recruits get food poisoning
Islamabad: Nearly 250 police recruits suffered food poisoning in Pakistan`s port city of Karachi, a news agencies said Monday.
The 244 sick police recruits were taken to Jinnah Hospital here, Geo News reported.
Simi Jamal, an official, said over 100 trainee police personnel have been discharged after an improvement in their condition.
The mass food-poisoning took place at Razzakabad Police Training Centre. Hundreds of trainees, who had eaten the food provided by their mess, fell ill. Most of the recruits started throwing up, causing severe dehydration.
Police academy sources said the last meal served at the mess was a dish of chickpeas and boiled eggs.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Video: India won't tolerate disrespect to national anthem – this Mumbai family learnt it the hard way
- Watch: Boy dies after falling from a Mumbai local train – video maker is guilty too!
- Had Sardar Patel become PM, India would have been another Pakistan, says Kancha Ilaiah
- Shocking! World Cup winning cricketer forced to sell 'kachoris' to make a living
- Watch: ISIS terrorist blown into pieces while bragging about his previous victory