250 Pakistani police recruits get food poisoning
Islamabad: Nearly 250 police recruits suffered food poisoning in Pakistan`s port city of Karachi, a news agencies said Monday.
The 244 sick police recruits were taken to Jinnah Hospital here, Geo News reported.
Simi Jamal, an official, said over 100 trainee police personnel have been discharged after an improvement in their condition.
The mass food-poisoning took place at Razzakabad Police Training Centre. Hundreds of trainees, who had eaten the food provided by their mess, fell ill. Most of the recruits started throwing up, causing severe dehydration.
Police academy sources said the last meal served at the mess was a dish of chickpeas and boiled eggs.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- PM Modi addresses public meeting in Kozhikode
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US