250 Pakistani police recruits get food poisoning
Islamabad: Nearly 250 police recruits suffered food poisoning in Pakistan`s port city of Karachi, a news agencies said Monday.
The 244 sick police recruits were taken to Jinnah Hospital here, Geo News reported.
Simi Jamal, an official, said over 100 trainee police personnel have been discharged after an improvement in their condition.
The mass food-poisoning took place at Razzakabad Police Training Centre. Hundreds of trainees, who had eaten the food provided by their mess, fell ill. Most of the recruits started throwing up, causing severe dehydration.
Police academy sources said the last meal served at the mess was a dish of chickpeas and boiled eggs.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- DNA: 7th anniversary of 26/11 attacks, Nation pays homage to martyrs
- Jabalpur woman commits suicide over Aamir Khan's 'intolerance row'
- Panel discussion on Rajnath Singh's remarks on secularism in Parliament
- Minor girl allegedly gang-raped in Mumbai