26/11 attack: Indian envoy meets Pak minister
Islamabad: Pakistan`s Interior Minister
Rehman Malik and Indian High Commissioner Sharat Sabharwal
on Tuesday discussed modalities for a Pakistani judicial commission`s visit to India to interview key officials linked
to the probe into the 2008 Mumbai terror attacks.
A statement from the Interior Ministry said Sabharwal
called on Malik and discussed matters relating to the Mumbai
attacks and the visit of the judicial commission to India?.
The meeting was held in a cordial atmosphere, it said
without giving details.
Official sources said that Malik and Sabharwal had
discussed modalities for the visit of the judicial commission,
which Pakistan wants to send to India to interview legal and
police officers who played a key role in the investigation of
the Mumbai attacks.
The commission is expected to interview the police
officer who led the probe into the incident, the magistrate
who recorded the confession of Ajmal Kasab, the lone surviving
attacker, and doctors who conducted the autopsies of victims
and nine terrorists who were killed during the attacks.
Pakistani prosecutors have said the commission`s visit is
imperative to take forward the prosecution of seven suspects,
including Lashkar-e-Taiba commander Zakiur Rehman Lakhvi, who
have been charged with planning, financing and facilitating
the attacks that killed 166 people in November 2008.
The anti-terrorism court conducting the trial of the
seven suspects recently gave permission to the commission to
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of decision to name Aurangzeb Road after Dr. Abdul Kalam - Part III
- Indrani Mukerjea's three plans to kill Sheena Bora
- DNA: Analyzing Geeta Press' baseless accusations against Zee News - Part II
- Govt should stop discrimination against Muslims: Hamid Ansari
- DNA: How terrorists are trained by Pakistan Navy with help of ISI
- Leaked! Tentative list of 'Bigg Boss 9' revealed and guess who's hosting?
- I am still single, says Hrithik Roshan
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das
- Bharat bandh: Nation braces for country-wide strike on Wednesday
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea charged with poisoning son Mikhail