26/11 attack: Pak court reschedules hearing for Monday
Islamabad: The hearing of the Mumbai attack case involving seven suspects, including LeT operations chief Zakiur Rehman Lakhvi, has been rescheduled for Monday in a Pakistani anti-terror court as the judge who was to take up the matter today was on leave.
There was no hearing today as the judge, Malik Muhammad Akram Awan, was on leave, Shahbaz Rajput, the lawyer of some of the accused, said.
The next hearing has been scheduled for November 16, he said.
On November 7, the judge had adjourned the trial for a week after accepting two applications filed by the accused and hearing arguments from both sides, Rajput had earlier said.
Other sources had said that in their applications, the accused had sought details of the chargesheet framed against them and attested copies of the statement made to Indian authorities by Ajmal Amir Kasab, the lone terrorist captured alive during the Mumbai attacks.
A Rawalpindi-based bench of the Lahore High Court last month directed the anti-terror court to take into account the views of the accused and to redress their grievances before proceeding with their indictment.
The seven suspects – Lakhvi, Zarar Shah, Abu al-Qama, Hamad Amin Sadiq, Shahid Jamil Riaz, Jamil Ahmed and Younas Anjum – have been booked under the Anti-Terrorism Act.
They have been accused of training and providing financial support, accommodation, equipment and communications gear to the 10 terrorists who attacked Mumbai.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Madhya Pradesh: Two women assaulted at railway station for carrying beef
- IIT Kharagpur students design racing car to compete in Russia
- IRCTC to offer Rs 10 lakh insurance cover for Re 1
- Are political parties playing vote politics in the name of cow-security?
- Are political parties playing vote politics in the name of cow-security? - Part II
- WATCH: PURE CLASS! Umar Akmal hits three consecutive sixes in game-changing knock
- Hilarious: Chinese girl slips and pulls down man's shorts in bus, this video will leave you in splits
- Modi government to organise 'Bharat Parv' to mark Independence Day
- Girl's hug prank on strangers backfires. See how – Watch
- Watch: Jeff Williams shares spectacular view of Albuquerque, New Mexico from space!