26/11: Interpol notice against 5 Pakistanis
New Delhi: National Investigation Agency (NIA) has secured an Interpol Red Corner Notice against five accused persons, including two serving Pakistani Army majors, for their alleged role in the Mumbai terror strike of 2008.
The Interpol issued the Red Corner Notice after securing a non-bailable warrant from the court Additional Sessions Judge here.
The warrants were issued on the basis of disclosures made by American national and Lashker-e-Toiba terrorist David Headley, who was extensively questioned by the NIA officials in June this year.
The Red Corner Notice has been issued against Major Sameer Ali, and Major Iqbal, both serving in the Pakistani Army, Illyas Kashmiri, an LeT terrorist, Sajid Majid and Syed Abdur Rehman Hashim.
The security agencies have already secured Red Corner notice against Lashker`s founder Hafeez Sayeed and his close aide Zaki-ur-Rehman Lakhvi in connection with the 26/11 attacks that left over 160 people dead.
These people, according to NIA officials, had worked in close coordination with Headley in executing the nefarious plans of the Lashker for carrying out terror strikes in Mumbai.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I am surviving only on 25% of my liver today, says Big B
- Aamir Khan's 'intolerance' comment kicks up row
- Exclusive: Sudhir Chaudhary in conversation with Aamir Khan on intolerance in India!
- Rahul Gandhi spotted with hate speech convict Imran Masood in Saharanpur
- Panel discussion on Aamir Khan's remark on 'intolerance'
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Intolerance issue: When did ‘Incredible India’ become ‘Intolerant India’, Anupam Kher asks Aamir Khan
- Tirupati, Tirumala rains update: Temple remains open; pilgrims continue to pour in for darshan
- BJP's big poser to Aamir Khan: Is there any better neighbour for Muslims than a Hindu?
- Muslim leader Asaduddin Owaisi says Aamir Khan wrong in wanting to leave India