26/11: Lakhvi seeks transfer of case to Lahore court
Lahore: Lashker-e-Taiba operations
commander Zakiur Rehman Lakhvi, one of seven suspects facing
trial in connection with the Mumbai terror attacks, today
filed an application seeking the transfer of his case from
Rawalpindi to this eastern Pakistani city due to a purported
threat to his life.
Lakhvi`s lawyer Khwaja Sultan filed the application in
the Lahore High Court that alleged LeT commander faced a
threat to his life as a number of agents of the Indian spy
agency Research and Analyses Wing were present in Rawalpindi.
The application said the case against Lakhvi should be
transferred from an anti-terror court in Rawalpindi to Lahore
and that he should be shifted to a jail in this eastern city.
Lakhvi also complained that authorities at Adiala Jail
in Rawalpindi, where he is currently being held, were not
allowing him to meet his lawyer.
Lahore High Court Chief Justice Khwaja Muhammad
Sharif, who heard the application, issued notices to the
federal Interior Secretary, Attorney General and Advocate
General of Punjab province to respond to Lakhvi`s plea at the
next hearing, which has been scheduled for January 21.
The Chief Justice also issued notice to the
superintendent of Adiala Jail and directed him to allow Lakhvi
to meet his lawyer.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- IAF Mirage fighter plane lands on Yamuna Expressway!
- 'Maggi' under regulatory scanner for excess amount of lead, MSG
- Watch: Michelle Obama's 'Gimme Five' fitness video
- When Subramanian Swamy shocked people at a wedding!
- Mumbaikars join hands to save Pakistani teen with rare illness
- Mumbai: Diamond export company denies job to Muslim youth
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 21, 2015
- Mirage 2000 fighter jet landing was part of capability demonstration: IAF
- DNA: IAF Mirage 2000 fighter plane lands successfully on Yamuna expressway
- PM Modi speaks at Golden Jubilee celebrations of poet Dinkar’s works
- DNA: Osama documents show 'Indian brother in Madinah' financed al Qaeda
- PM Modi's key campaign team member may join Nitish Kumar
- ISIS executes Syrian fighter using anti-tank rocket launcher
- Woman robbed at gunpoint inside Hyderabad ATM
- Columbia student takes rape-protest mattress to graduation
- RBSE (rajresults.nic.in) Class 12th science and commerce results 2015: Rajasthan Board Class 12th XII exam results 2015 to be announced today at 4 PM
- CBSE Class 10 Results 2015 to be announced today?
- IAF jet lands on Yamuna expressway
- Check Jharkhand Board jac.nic.in: Class 12th Art Results 2015 declared
- Log on to apeamcet.org AP EAMCET Results 2015: Andhra Pradesh EAMCET Marks and AP EAMCET Ranks 2015 declared
- Fawad Khan doesn’t want intimate scenes with Sonam Kapoor?
- We hire only non-Muslim candidates, diamond export firm tells Muslim youth
- Is MSG in 'Maggi' noodles harmful for you?
- Mumbai firm booked for denying Muslim MBA graduate job on religious grounds, probe ordered
- New IPL rules could see Chennai Super Kings lose MS Dhoni
- 'IAS officer DK Ravi possibly committed suicide, suffered big loss in real estate business'
- Jayalalithaa makes public appearance, meets Governor: As it happened
- SSLC (tnresults.nic.in) Tenth 10th Results 2015: Tamil Nadu Board Class 10th X Higher Secondary exam results 2015 to be announced today at 10 am
- Anurag Kashyap to bid goodbye to India, settle in 'cinema-friendly' France!
- SSLC (tnresults.nic.in) Tenth 10th Results 2015: Tamil Nadu Board Class 10th X Higher Secondary exam results 2015 to be announced shortly