26/11: Lakhvi seeks transfer of case to Lahore court
Lahore: Lashker-e-Taiba operations
commander Zakiur Rehman Lakhvi, one of seven suspects facing
trial in connection with the Mumbai terror attacks, today
filed an application seeking the transfer of his case from
Rawalpindi to this eastern Pakistani city due to a purported
threat to his life.
Lakhvi`s lawyer Khwaja Sultan filed the application in
the Lahore High Court that alleged LeT commander faced a
threat to his life as a number of agents of the Indian spy
agency Research and Analyses Wing were present in Rawalpindi.
The application said the case against Lakhvi should be
transferred from an anti-terror court in Rawalpindi to Lahore
and that he should be shifted to a jail in this eastern city.
Lakhvi also complained that authorities at Adiala Jail
in Rawalpindi, where he is currently being held, were not
allowing him to meet his lawyer.
Lahore High Court Chief Justice Khwaja Muhammad
Sharif, who heard the application, issued notices to the
federal Interior Secretary, Attorney General and Advocate
General of Punjab province to respond to Lakhvi`s plea at the
next hearing, which has been scheduled for January 21.
The Chief Justice also issued notice to the
superintendent of Adiala Jail and directed him to allow Lakhvi
to meet his lawyer.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's speech at Gorakhnath temple
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- DNA: Analysing the 'no first use' nuclear policy of India
- Amit Shah addresses BJP's mega convention in Delhi
- Is this for real: Ajinkya Rahane bizarre shot went for six, concerned Virat Kohli settles with smile — WATCH
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- WATCH: Tom Latham takes IMPOSSIBLE catch to dismiss Faf du Plessis
- Mohanlal's 'Manyam Puli' has a BREATHTAKING scene where TIGER attacks a boy! WATCH 'Pulimurugan' clip
- Kapil Sharma-Sunil Grover fight: Will it be a shutdown for 'The Kapil Sharma Show'?