26/11 trial: Pak court rejects bail plea of suspect
Islamabad: A Pakistani anti-terrorism court
has rejected the bail application of one of the seven suspects
facing trial in connection with the Mumbai attacks, which
India has blamed on the banned militant outfit LeT.
Judge Baqir Ali Rana, who is conducting the trial of the
seven suspects booked under the Anti-Terrorism Act, denied
bail to Younas Anjum yesterday. The court noted that it had
already declined bail to another suspect named Jamil Ahmed.
Anjum, a resident of Khaniwal in the south of Punjab
province, claimed in his bail application that he was
implicated in the Mumbai attacks case.
He also claimed he was a poor milkman with eight children
and therefore did not have resources to finance the terrorists
involved in the attacks.
Judge Rana has been conducting the trial of the seven
suspects in-camera in the high-security Adiala Jail in
Besides Anjum and Ahmed, the other suspects are LeT
operations commander Zakiur Rehman Lakhvi, Zarar Shah, Abu
al-Qama, Hamad Amin Sadiq and Shahid Jameel Riaz.
The next hearing of the case is scheduled for October 10.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- Basic ideals of Constitution are in danger: Sonia Gandhi
- PM Modi greets nation on occasion of first Constitution Day
- Manjula Vaghela's journey: From rag picker to head of a firm with Rs 1 cr turnover!
- Indian Army faces shortage of field firing ranges in J&K
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case
- 10 interesting facts about Constitution which every Indian must know
- See pic: Genelia marks son's birthday!
- Bigg Boss, Day 46: Priya Malik urinates inside the car!