26/11 trial: Pak court rejects bail plea of suspect
Islamabad: A Pakistani anti-terrorism court
has rejected the bail application of one of the seven suspects
facing trial in connection with the Mumbai attacks, which
India has blamed on the banned militant outfit LeT.
Judge Baqir Ali Rana, who is conducting the trial of the
seven suspects booked under the Anti-Terrorism Act, denied
bail to Younas Anjum yesterday. The court noted that it had
already declined bail to another suspect named Jamil Ahmed.
Anjum, a resident of Khaniwal in the south of Punjab
province, claimed in his bail application that he was
implicated in the Mumbai attacks case.
He also claimed he was a poor milkman with eight children
and therefore did not have resources to finance the terrorists
involved in the attacks.
Judge Rana has been conducting the trial of the seven
suspects in-camera in the high-security Adiala Jail in
Besides Anjum and Ahmed, the other suspects are LeT
operations commander Zakiur Rehman Lakhvi, Zarar Shah, Abu
al-Qama, Hamad Amin Sadiq and Shahid Jameel Riaz.
The next hearing of the case is scheduled for October 10.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- What Hindu saints think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- DNA: Analysing the 'no first use' nuclear policy of India
- Amit Shah addresses BJP's mega convention in Delhi
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- Is this for real: Ajinkya Rahane bizarre shot went for six, concerned Virat Kohli settles with smile — WATCH
- WATCH: Tom Latham takes IMPOSSIBLE catch to dismiss Faf du Plessis
- Mohanlal's 'Manyam Puli' has a BREATHTAKING scene where TIGER attacks a boy! WATCH 'Pulimurugan' clip
- Kapil Sharma-Sunil Grover fight: Will it be a shutdown for 'The Kapil Sharma Show'?