3 children killed, 23 people hurt in Afghanistan
Kabul: Two explosions minutes apart rocked a provincial capital in southern Afghanistan on Sunday, killing a child and wounding at least 19 other people.
The young girl was killed and at least 14 other people were wounded in the first blast in front of a bank in southern Lashkar Gah city, said Daud Ahmadi, spokesman for the governor in Helmand province.
Five people, including an Afghan soldier, were injured in the second explosion near a high school, he said.
"Once again, the militants targeted civilians," Ahmadi said.
In eastern Afghanistan, a rocket fired by insurgents early Sunday struck a house killing two children and injuring three men and a woman, the Afghan Ministry of Interior said in a statement. An airport in Behsud district of Nangarhar province was the apparent target of the rocket attack, the ministry said.
On Saturday in a different area of Nangarhar, fighting broke out between militants and Afghan forces.
Ahmad Zia Abdulzai, a spokesman for the provincial governor of Nangarhar, said 10 militants were killed and eight others wounded in the 30-minute clash in Sherzad district. One Afghan policeman also was wounded in the fighting, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of public pulse through survey by Zee News on Bihar elections
- Hotels selling beef should be demolished: Azam Khan
- DNA: End of ISIS? Vladimir Putin to send 1,50,000 soldiers to Syria
- Russia surprises America with accord on battling ISIS
- Panel discussion on Muslim vote bank in Bihar elections
- Neither Dadri nor Babri: India is 'Muslim woman delivering 'Ganesha' inside temple'
- Hindu girl embraces Islam to marry Shahi Imam Bukhari's son?
- Pakistan take note! Indian military 5th deadliest in the world
- Lalu Prasad Yadav debuts on Dubsmash, mocks PM Narendra Modi – Watch video
- India vs South Africa: How cricket fraternity reacted to crowd's disgraceful behaviour at Cuttack