3 Indians killed, 20 people hurt in Nepal bus collision
Kathmandu: Three Indian pilgrims, including
a nonagenarian couple from Madhya Pradesh, were killed and 20
others injured when two passenger buses collided on a highway
in southern Nepal in the wee hours of the day, police said.
The Indians were returning from a pilgrimage to the holy
Hindu shrine Pashupatinath temple of Kathmandu. Among the
injured were 16 Indians, the condition of five of whom are
serious, and four Nepalese, they said.
The Indian bus was heading to Gorakhpur on Indo-Nepal
border on its way to Bhopal when it was hit by another bus
coming form opposite direction in Gaidakot of Nawalparasi
district, some 350 km from Kathmandu, at around 2.30 am.
The deceased have been identified as Ram Shanker Pandey,
96, his wife Naharaniya Devi Pandey, 95 and Phoolmati Soni, 50
-- all residents of Madhya Pradesh, police said.
While Phoolmati died on the spot, the elderly couple died
during treatment at Bharatpur Medical College, Chitwan.
The other injured have also been admitted to the
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Afzal Guru row: JNU Students' Union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU - Part II
- Watch: How students at JNU showcased anti-India spirit! - Part II
- DNA: Gravitational waves detected, proving Einstein right!
- Why Modi never spoke on issues like beef or Muzaffarnagar, asks Manmohan Singh
- JNUSU prez Kanhaiya Kumar sent to 3-day police custody over Afzal Guru row, says being targeted for defeating ABVP in polls
- Ex-Army officers threaten to return JNU degrees against 'anti-national' activities in campus
- Delhi Police issues alert over alleged Hafiz Saeed's tweet backing 'pro-Pak' JNU protesters
- Really? Is this why Deepika Padukone not open about her alleged relationship with Ranveer Singh?