3 Indians killed, 20 people hurt in Nepal bus collision
Kathmandu: Three Indian pilgrims, including
a nonagenarian couple from Madhya Pradesh, were killed and 20
others injured when two passenger buses collided on a highway
in southern Nepal in the wee hours of the day, police said.
The Indians were returning from a pilgrimage to the holy
Hindu shrine Pashupatinath temple of Kathmandu. Among the
injured were 16 Indians, the condition of five of whom are
serious, and four Nepalese, they said.
The Indian bus was heading to Gorakhpur on Indo-Nepal
border on its way to Bhopal when it was hit by another bus
coming form opposite direction in Gaidakot of Nawalparasi
district, some 350 km from Kathmandu, at around 2.30 am.
The deceased have been identified as Ram Shanker Pandey,
96, his wife Naharaniya Devi Pandey, 95 and Phoolmati Soni, 50
-- all residents of Madhya Pradesh, police said.
While Phoolmati died on the spot, the elderly couple died
during treatment at Bharatpur Medical College, Chitwan.
The other injured have also been admitted to the
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: APJ Abdul Kalam's last journey, India bids a tearful adieu
- DNA : Justice delivered; India hangs 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon
- 'People's President' APJ Abdul Kalam laid to rest in Rameswaram
- Panel discussion on 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's hanging
- Robert Vadra explains Facebook post, denies insulting Parliament
- Yakub Memon: The two men who lead police to 'House of Memons'
- Why did you choose Smriti Irani as HRD minister? Congress leader asks PM Narendra Modi
- Meeting called by Speaker fails to end Parliament logjam; government indicates all-party meet
- Rajnath slams UPA for coining 'Hindu terrorists', Congress accuses BJP of playing politics on terror
- Cristiano Ronaldo great, but Lionel Messi is greatest: Xavi Hernandez