3 killed, 20 injured as Karachi-bound train derails in Pakistan
Karachi: Three persons were today killed and 20 others injured when an engine and three bogies of a Karachi-bound train derailed in Pakistan`s Sindh province.
Karakoram Express - travelling from Lahore to Karachi - derailed near Bandhi station, some 30 kilometres from Nawabshah.
Railway officials said the incident took place due to technical fault at a railways crossing point.
Three persons were killed in the accident while 20 others suffered injuries.
The government has announced compensation of Rs 5 lakh to the heirs of each deceased and Rs 1 lakh each for the injured passengers.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Is Pakistan terrified of Yogi Adityanath as Uttar Pradesh CM?
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- Ayodhya dispute: SC asks parties to solve matter amicably, offers mediation
- Should Ram Mandir issue be resolved through mutual understanding?
- This fiery speech by Yogi Adityanath in Parliament on communal riots is setting internet on fire - MUST WATCH
- Kapil Sharma fight on flight row: Did Sunil Grover, Ali Asgar and Chandan Prabhakar skip shoot?
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister
- Unable to meet educational expenses, Muslim girl writes to PM Narendra Modi – Know what happened next
- Team Yogi Adityanath: List of Yogi's ministers with their portfolios - Check who got what