3 killed, 20 injured as Karachi-bound train derails in Pakistan
Karachi: Three persons were today killed and 20 others injured when an engine and three bogies of a Karachi-bound train derailed in Pakistan`s Sindh province.
Karakoram Express - travelling from Lahore to Karachi - derailed near Bandhi station, some 30 kilometres from Nawabshah.
Railway officials said the incident took place due to technical fault at a railways crossing point.
Three persons were killed in the accident while 20 others suffered injuries.
The government has announced compensation of Rs 5 lakh to the heirs of each deceased and Rs 1 lakh each for the injured passengers.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Is it time for India to respond militarily to Pak terror instead of peace talks?
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’