3 killed, 20 injured as Karachi-bound train derails in Pakistan
Karachi: Three persons were today killed and 20 others injured when an engine and three bogies of a Karachi-bound train derailed in Pakistan`s Sindh province.
Karakoram Express - travelling from Lahore to Karachi - derailed near Bandhi station, some 30 kilometres from Nawabshah.
Railway officials said the incident took place due to technical fault at a railways crossing point.
Three persons were killed in the accident while 20 others suffered injuries.
The government has announced compensation of Rs 5 lakh to the heirs of each deceased and Rs 1 lakh each for the injured passengers.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail: As it happened
- Yakub Memon's body handed over to family, tight security in Mumbai
- Yakub Memon: The two men who lead police to 'House of Memons'
- What Yakub Memon did in minutes before being hanged
- Meeting called by Speaker fails to end Parliament logjam; government indicates all-party meet