3 LTTE suspects indicted for attempt on life of Pak envoy
Colombo: Three LTTE suspects held for the failed assassination attempt in 2006 on then Pakistani envoy have been indicted by the High Court on Thursday.
The three, held in remand custody were charged with the attempted murder of the then Pakistan High Commissioner in Colombo Bashir Wali Mohammad in August of 2006.
They were accused of triggering a powerful claymore blast in Colombo while Mohammad was driving through a street.
Seven others were killed while the envoy escaped unhurt.
The case is to be taken up in November.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions
- Five guerrillas, one soldier killed near LoC
- 3rd Test, Day 2: Sri Lanka rattle Pakistan in decider
- Wimbledon: Novak Djokovic, Maria Sharapova cruise into last 16
- Indian Mujahideen chief Yasin Bhatkal indicates Islamic State will help him get out of jail soon