3 LTTE suspects indicted for attempt on life of Pak envoy
Colombo: Three LTTE suspects held for the failed assassination attempt in 2006 on then Pakistani envoy have been indicted by the High Court on Thursday.
The three, held in remand custody were charged with the attempted murder of the then Pakistan High Commissioner in Colombo Bashir Wali Mohammad in August of 2006.
They were accused of triggering a powerful claymore blast in Colombo while Mohammad was driving through a street.
Seven others were killed while the envoy escaped unhurt.
The case is to be taken up in November.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Nitish suspends Cabinet Minister Kushwaha over alleged sting operation
- Watch: PM Modi delivers speech at Mumbai Metro Phase-II inauguration
- Panel discussion on the controversial sacking of Asim Ahmed Khan from AAP
- Shiv Sena spills ink on ORF chairperson Sudheendra Kulkarni's face
- Haryana minister Krishan Bedi mocks Modi's 'Swachh Bharat Abhiyan'
- ISL 2015: Atletico de Kolkata vs Kerala Blasters - Preview
- India vs South Africa: MS Dhoni disappointed about 'gamble' not paying off
- Aarushi Talwar's grandfather breaks silence, writes open letter – Read
- OROP implementation after Bihar poll, says Manohar Parrikar
- 2015 Bihar Assembly Elections: 57% voting in first phase, women voters outnumber men