3 LTTE suspects indicted for attempt on life of Pak envoy
Colombo: Three LTTE suspects held for the failed assassination attempt in 2006 on then Pakistani envoy have been indicted by the High Court on Thursday.
The three, held in remand custody were charged with the attempted murder of the then Pakistan High Commissioner in Colombo Bashir Wali Mohammad in August of 2006.
They were accused of triggering a powerful claymore blast in Colombo while Mohammad was driving through a street.
Seven others were killed while the envoy escaped unhurt.
The case is to be taken up in November.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Letter to Arvind Kejriwal - `Don't embarrass India again, buy yourself a pair of shoes`
- When a professor sexually abused a girl in classroom; watch other students' reaction
- Indian woman rescued from German refugee camp returns home, thanks government
- Signs that prove Lord Hanuman is still alive
- Will wipe out BJP and Congress from the country: Akbaruddin Owaisi