3 security-men, 10 Taliban killed in Pak clashes
Peshawar: Three security personnel and 10
Taliban gunmen were killed in a clash that erupted after
militants ambushed a security forces vehicle in the restive
Orakzai tribal region in northwest Pakistan, officials said
About a dozen militants fired several rockets at the
vehicle in Kasha village in Orakzai Agency yesterday, killing
three Frontier Corps personnel and injuring six more,
At least 10 militants were killed and several more
injured when the security forces retaliated, officials said.
The Frontier Corps personnel were ambushed while they
were on a routine patrol.
The security forces also said they had gunned down
important Taliban commander Farooq during an operation in
Hangu district of Khyber-Pakhtunkhwa province yesterday.
The Army had claimed at the beginning of this month
that operations against the Taliban in Orakzai Agency had been
However, violence has continued in the semi-autonomous
tribal region with militants still targeting security forces.
- Capitation fee is illegal; profiteering, commercialisation of education sector unacceptable: Supreme Court
- English Premier League: Euphoria on streets of Leicester as outsiders seal historic maiden title
- Nagaland HSLC (Class 10) Result 2016 to be declared shortly
- One trillion species on Earth and we know nothing
- US didn't trust Pakistan, so conducted Osama raid alone: Former CIA director Leon Panetta