3 soldiers, 10 militants killed in Pak clash
Islamabad: Dozens of pro-Taliban fighters attacked a security check post in the Orakzai tribal region of northwest Pakistan on Wednesday, triggering a clash that killed three soldiers and 10 militants.
Officials told the media that over 30 militants attacked the Frontier Corps check post in Dabori area of Orakzai Agency this afternoon and killed three paramilitary troopers and injured seven more.
Troops backed by gunship helicopters retaliated, killing at least 10 militants, the officials said.
Orakzai Agency is part of the semi-autonomous tribal areas that are considered a safe haven for Taliban and Al Qaeda elements.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- Reliance Jio effect: Airtel offers free unlimited local and STD calls with 4G data at Rs 145
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video