3 soldiers killed in IED blast in Pak`s tribal region
Peshawar: At least three soldiers were killed and three others wounded today when a roadside bomb went off in Pakistan`s restive tribal region near the Afghan border.
The improvised explosive device (IED) blast took place in an area on the border of South and North Waziristan tribal regions.
"At least three security forces personnel including an officer embraced shahadat (martyrdom) and three others sustained critical injuries after an improvised explosive device planted by terrorists along the road went off," the military said in a statement.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Watch: Reports on final deal of M-777 tanks between India and America
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video
- Gujarat man who disclosed Rs 14,000 crore unaccounted wealth goes missing
- Rahul Dravid heaps praise on Virat Kohli, R Ashwin; calls duo modern cricket legends
- Indian Army makes major changes in recruitment process – Click here to get updated information