30 militants killed in northwest Pakistan
Islamabad: At least 30 militants have been
killed in a clash with security personnel in the restive
Orakzai tribal region of northwest Pakistan, officials said.
The clash began on Wednesday when militants armed with
automatic weapons ambushed security personnel at Goga Qamar
area in Orakzai Agency.
Troops backed by gunship helicopters retaliated, killing
30 militant and destroying five rebel hideouts.
Eighteen security personnel were wounded in the fighting,
Security forces cordoned off the area later and launched
a search operation.
In a separate development, militants blew up a medical
store at Karikot in South Waziristan tribal region with a low
intensity bomb on Wednesday.
The store was destroyed though there were no casualties.
- Bhagat Singh's name termed as terrorist to be removed from DU textbook
- Ludhiana: Protest against DU for calling Bhagat Singh as terrorist in textbook
- Delhi: INTUC workers protest outside Subramanian Swamy's residence
- Special CBI court accuses Naveen Jindal for criminal conspiracy in coal scam
- Gujarat announces 10% reservation for economically backward class
- Shah Rukh Khan’s ‘Raees’ in trouble – Click here to read more
- Kapil Sharma meets 'showman' Subhash Ghai at Whistling Woods—See pic!
- Did 'Sultan' shoot disrupt Indian athletes' Olympic practice session at JLN Stadium? Here's what happened...
- Kangana Ranaut – Hrithik Roshan controversy: Adhyayan Suman explains why he broke his silence years after remaining tight-lipped
- Centre to release 25 declassified files related to Netaji Subhas Chandra Bose today