30 militants killed in northwest Pakistan
Islamabad: At least 30 militants have been
killed in a clash with security personnel in the restive
Orakzai tribal region of northwest Pakistan, officials said.
The clash began on Wednesday when militants armed with
automatic weapons ambushed security personnel at Goga Qamar
area in Orakzai Agency.
Troops backed by gunship helicopters retaliated, killing
30 militant and destroying five rebel hideouts.
Eighteen security personnel were wounded in the fighting,
Security forces cordoned off the area later and launched
a search operation.
In a separate development, militants blew up a medical
store at Karikot in South Waziristan tribal region with a low
intensity bomb on Wednesday.
The store was destroyed though there were no casualties.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Amit Shah interacts with journalists at BJP office
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to expand your existing business
- PM Modi host 'Diwali Milan' for media
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists, says Farooq Abdullah
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists: Farooq Abdullah
- Woman cop transferred within 24 hours of spat with Haryana minister Anil Vij
- Sheena Bora murder: Why did Indrani send servant to Kolkata to get illegal drugs?
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Day/Night Test: Cricketers mock DRS, Nigel Llong decision on Nathan Lyon howler