30 militants killed in northwest Pakistan
Islamabad: At least 30 militants have been
killed in a clash with security personnel in the restive
Orakzai tribal region of northwest Pakistan, officials said.
The clash began on Wednesday when militants armed with
automatic weapons ambushed security personnel at Goga Qamar
area in Orakzai Agency.
Troops backed by gunship helicopters retaliated, killing
30 militant and destroying five rebel hideouts.
Eighteen security personnel were wounded in the fighting,
Security forces cordoned off the area later and launched
a search operation.
In a separate development, militants blew up a medical
store at Karikot in South Waziristan tribal region with a low
intensity bomb on Wednesday.
The store was destroyed though there were no casualties.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Baahubali' becomes first non-Hindi film to cross Rs 500 crore
- Ban on internet porn: Here's why it is impossible
- 'Bajrangi Bhaijaan' impact: Govt agrees to help deaf-and-dumb Indian girl stranded in Pakistan
- Govt doesn't want you to even watch porn in private, blocks over 800 sites
- Personality check: What is the colour of your eyes?