close
This ad will auto close in 10 seconds

30 Pak schoolkids faint after toxic gas leak

At least 30 Pakistani schoolchildren fainted after toxic gas leaked from a generator installed in their school here.



Lahore: At least 30 Pakistani schoolchildren fainted after toxic gas leaked from a generator installed in their school here.

Over 100 students were present in the basement of the private school in densely-populated locality of Mughalpura when the incident took place last evening.

The school administration had arranged a farewell party for some students.

"A group of students were presenting a skit when smoke emitting from a power generator entered the basement. Some 32 students, half of them were girls, fell unconscious while the remaining managed to leave the place," Hammad Hasan, a school employee said.

"Thank god there was no stampede," he said.

The fainted children where shifted to hospital where the doctors described their condition as out of danger.

Lahore police spokesman Niyab Haider said that the police had registered a case against the school administration and arrested its owner and principal.

"The school administration is responsible for the incident," he said. 

From Zee News

0 Comment - Join the Discussions