300 militants attack Pakistani police check post
Islamabad: A senior police official was among seven security personnel killed when over 300 militants attacked a police check post in Pakistan`s Khyber Pakhtunkhwa province, a media report said Monday.
Superintendent of Police (SP) Rural Khurshid Khan as well as police and Frontier Constabulary (FC) personnel were killed while 12 were injured when more than 300 militants attacked the police check post on the main Peshawar-Kohat Road on the outskirts of Peshawar, DawnNews reported. Sources said the militants beheaded Khan.
The heavily armed militants attacked the check post, leading to a fierce gunbattle that lasted three hours.
Three policemen and four FC personnel were killed.
The militants ransacked the check post and set it on fire. Four vehicles and three motorcycles were also destroyed in the attack.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 24 dead after boat carrying 40 capsizes in river Ganga in Patna; many still missing
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: What characteristics define a true leader?
- Tourists flock to Manali as snowfall takes a short break
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Assembly elections: BJP likely to announce its first list of candidates for UP, Uttarakhand
- Abhishek Bachchan reveals the moment when Aishwarya Rai said 'yes' to him
- India vs England, 1st ODI: As it happened...
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre