36 militants killed in Afghan raids
Kabul: At least 36 militants were killed in military operations across Afghanistan since Sunday, Afghanistan`s interior ministry said Monday.
"Afghan National Security Forces and the NATO-led coalition troops conducted several clean-up operations in Helmand, Paktiya, Wardak, Kandahar, Baghlan and Kunar provinces over the past 24 hours," reported Xinhua citing the ministry`s statement.
"As a result, 36 armed Taliban were killed, 18 wounded and 15 were arrested by the Afghan National Security Forces," the ministry said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Know the significance of Devshayani Ekadashi
- Punjab: Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Gurdaspur
- Mumbai blasts case: Maharashtra govt opposes Yakub Memon's mercy plea in SC
- Punjab: Gurdaspur gunbattle ends, all terrorists killed
- Grief stricken people shout slogans as Kalam's body carried out of hospital
- Politicos mourn death of former president APJ Abdul Kalam, hail him as 'Missile Man of India'
- SC to resume hearing on Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's mercy plea on Tuesday
- FORMER PRESIDENT OF INDIA APJ ABDUL KALAM PASSES AWAY
- Lalu Prasad Yadav arrested as RJD bandh cripples life in Bihar
- Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Punjab's Gurdaspur; 3 killed