37 militants killed in Afghanistan
Kabul: Thirty-seven militants, including a key Taliban commander, were killed in Afghanistan in overnight operations, the authorities said Monday.
Taliban commander Mawlawi Naqibullah was among six militants killed in an air strike early Monday in Wardak province, 35 km from Kabul, Xinhua quoted the police as saying.
"A group of Taliban rebels were meeting in a house in Chak district at 1.00 a.m. to chalk out terror attacks when the aircraft struck," police spokesman Abdul Wali said.
Twenty-one more militants were killed during anti-insurgency operations in Kunduz, Uruzgan, Wardak, Ghazni, Farah and Helmand provinces, the interior ministry said Monday.
Eight militants were arrested and weapons and ammunition were seized from them.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is population control next on central govt's agenda after demonetization?
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan
- Jayalalithaa's funeral procession: Sea of mourners gather to pay last respects
- Watch: Tracing the journey of late Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa from films to politics
- DNA: Know why Jayalalithaa was buried and not cremated
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- J Jayalalithaa passes away: Know what all she left behind in assets