37 militants killed in Afghanistan
Kabul: Thirty-seven militants, including a key Taliban commander, were killed in Afghanistan in overnight operations, the authorities said Monday.
Taliban commander Mawlawi Naqibullah was among six militants killed in an air strike early Monday in Wardak province, 35 km from Kabul, Xinhua quoted the police as saying.
"A group of Taliban rebels were meeting in a house in Chak district at 1.00 a.m. to chalk out terror attacks when the aircraft struck," police spokesman Abdul Wali said.
Twenty-one more militants were killed during anti-insurgency operations in Kunduz, Uruzgan, Wardak, Ghazni, Farah and Helmand provinces, the interior ministry said Monday.
Eight militants were arrested and weapons and ammunition were seized from them.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Tamasha movie review: Poignant and riveting; Ranbir's the master here!
- It's a Black Hole Friday for NASA!
- Shocking! Anurag Basu feels Salman Khan is ‘boring’?
- Kapil Sharma organises ‘wedding’ ceremony for married Harbhajan Singh, Geeta Basra?
- Kim Jong-Un issues bizarre diktat, asks North Korean men to copy his hairstyle, women to follow his wife