4 killed, 12 injured in Pakistan blast
Islamabad: A bomb blast ripped through a gathering at a Sufi shrine in Pakistan`s southern Sindh province on Monday, killing four persons and injuring 12 others, police said.
The explosion occurred at the Hajan Shah Mauri Dargah near Shikarpur when a large number of people were visiting the shrine.
The blast came just five days after an Islamic scholar was targeted in a bomb attack at Jacobabad in Sindh.
Witnesses told the media they had seen a man going out of the shrine after leaving a bag.
The explosion occurred shortly after the man left the shrine, one witness said.
The custodian of the shrine was among the injured, who were taken to the Civil Hospital in Shikarpur city.
Angry devotees and local residents took to streets and shut down Shikarpur city after the bombing.
Additional police forces were deployed around the shrine.
On February 20, Sain Hussain Shah, the Pir of Qambar Sharif, was targeted in a bomb attack near Jacobabad.
Shah`s grandson was killed and 10 others were injured in the attack.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Amit Shah interacts with journalists at BJP office
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to expand your existing business
- PM Modi host 'Diwali Milan' for media
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists, says Farooq Abdullah
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists: Farooq Abdullah
- Woman cop transferred within 24 hours of spat with Haryana minister Anil Vij
- Sheena Bora murder: Why did Indrani send servant to Kolkata to get illegal drugs?
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Russian MP dies while ‘having sex’ inside car - Read