4 killed, 12 injured in Pakistan blast
Islamabad: A bomb blast ripped through a gathering at a Sufi shrine in Pakistan`s southern Sindh province on Monday, killing four persons and injuring 12 others, police said.
The explosion occurred at the Hajan Shah Mauri Dargah near Shikarpur when a large number of people were visiting the shrine.
The blast came just five days after an Islamic scholar was targeted in a bomb attack at Jacobabad in Sindh.
Witnesses told the media they had seen a man going out of the shrine after leaving a bag.
The explosion occurred shortly after the man left the shrine, one witness said.
The custodian of the shrine was among the injured, who were taken to the Civil Hospital in Shikarpur city.
Angry devotees and local residents took to streets and shut down Shikarpur city after the bombing.
Additional police forces were deployed around the shrine.
On February 20, Sain Hussain Shah, the Pir of Qambar Sharif, was targeted in a bomb attack near Jacobabad.
Shah`s grandson was killed and 10 others were injured in the attack.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31
- Call up this number and get Reliance Jio's SIM for sure
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray