4 killed, 12 injured in Pakistan blast
Islamabad: A bomb blast ripped through a gathering at a Sufi shrine in Pakistan`s southern Sindh province on Monday, killing four persons and injuring 12 others, police said.
The explosion occurred at the Hajan Shah Mauri Dargah near Shikarpur when a large number of people were visiting the shrine.
The blast came just five days after an Islamic scholar was targeted in a bomb attack at Jacobabad in Sindh.
Witnesses told the media they had seen a man going out of the shrine after leaving a bag.
The explosion occurred shortly after the man left the shrine, one witness said.
The custodian of the shrine was among the injured, who were taken to the Civil Hospital in Shikarpur city.
Angry devotees and local residents took to streets and shut down Shikarpur city after the bombing.
Additional police forces were deployed around the shrine.
On February 20, Sain Hussain Shah, the Pir of Qambar Sharif, was targeted in a bomb attack near Jacobabad.
Shah`s grandson was killed and 10 others were injured in the attack.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video