4 security men, 43 Taliban militants killed in clash in Pak
Peshawar: Four paramilitary troopers and
43 Taliban fighters were killed in clashes after militants
carried out an attack to the stop the movement of security
forces in the restive Orakzai tribal region of northwest
Pakistan on Tuesday.
Militants attacked the security forces with automatic
weapons and mortars in Sawar Kot area of Orakzai Agency. Four
paramilitary personnel and 43 militants were killed in a
subsequent gun battle.
A dozen security personnel were injured in the clash,
Troops have launched an operation codenamed "Khwakh Ba
De Shum" (I will see you) in Orakzai Agency to flush Taliban
fighters out of the region.
Yesterday, three security personnel and 10 Taliban
fighters were killed in a clash that erupted after militants
ambushed a security forces vehicle at Kasha village in Orakzai
The Pakistan Army had claimed at the beginning of this
month that operations against the Taliban in Orakzai Agency
had been successfully completed.
However, violence has continued in the semi-autonomous
tribal region with militants still targeting security forces.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dadri lynching: Is Kejriwal spreading poison between Hindus and Muslims?
- Lalu Prasad calls beef eating people uncultured
- Why did Indrani Mukerjea attempt suicide?
- Dadri lynching: Locals stop Arvind Kejriwal from entering Bisara village
- Muslims asked to sprinkle cow urine on body in order to be part of Garba festivities
- Sonia begins Bihar polls campaining; accuses PM Modi of 'narrow-mindedness'
- Salman Khan’s ‘Prem Ratan Dhan Payo’ trailer creates a record!
- Indrani Mukerjea's FSL report rules out drug overdose, says no chemicals found in stomach wash
- Lynching case in Dadri: Rahul meets victim Iqlakh's family, says touched by people's desire to maintain harmony
- Muslims banned from Garba in Gujarat's Mandvi; Hindus asked to sprinkle cow urine on themselves