4 security men, 43 Taliban militants killed in clash in Pak
Peshawar: Four paramilitary troopers and
43 Taliban fighters were killed in clashes after militants
carried out an attack to the stop the movement of security
forces in the restive Orakzai tribal region of northwest
Pakistan on Tuesday.
Militants attacked the security forces with automatic
weapons and mortars in Sawar Kot area of Orakzai Agency. Four
paramilitary personnel and 43 militants were killed in a
subsequent gun battle.
A dozen security personnel were injured in the clash,
Troops have launched an operation codenamed "Khwakh Ba
De Shum" (I will see you) in Orakzai Agency to flush Taliban
fighters out of the region.
Yesterday, three security personnel and 10 Taliban
fighters were killed in a clash that erupted after militants
ambushed a security forces vehicle at Kasha village in Orakzai
The Pakistan Army had claimed at the beginning of this
month that operations against the Taliban in Orakzai Agency
had been successfully completed.
However, violence has continued in the semi-autonomous
tribal region with militants still targeting security forces.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena's diary reveals disturbed relationship with parents: DNA reports
- Shameless cheating in exams, when will Bihar learn?
- Setback for Air India as 30 Boeing 787 Dreamliner pilots resign
- Sheena case: Indrani quizzed jointly with Peter, denies killing daughter
- Trade unions` strike hits normal life across India
- Sonakshi Sinha silences Twitter troll for calling her ugly and it's epic!
- Furkan, not Tiger Memon, arrested in Pakistan
- Modi effect! Pakistan-occupied Kashmir wants to be part of India
- Sheena Bora murder saga: 12 questions that police asked Peter Mukerjea during 12-hour grilling?
- Sunny Leone steamy condom ad (uncensored): Watch why this video is making news