4 US service members die in Afghan attacks
Kabul: Four US service members were killed in the past 24 hours in Afghanistan, NATO forces said on Monday.
Three of the Americans died in southern Afghanistan on Sunday, the statement said. Two of them were killed by a bomb attack and the third in a separate firefight.
The military said the fourth US service member died in the east Monday in a bomb explosion.
The deaths bring the number of Americans killed in Afghanistan in November to 15. October was the deadliest month for US troops in the eight-year war, with 58 dead.
Meanwhile, Afghan officials said three Afghan army soldiers were killed by a roadside bomb in southern Helmand province.
The Interior Ministry said the bombing occurred on Sunday in Musa Qala district. It did not give further details and it was not clear if there was any connection between the Afghan deaths and the American deaths.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- India to activate lazer walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- EPFO to launch new online system for pensions and PFs soon
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details
- REALITY CHECK of WhatsApp message: How common man can sign petition to declare Pakistan a terror state