4 US soldiers die in Afghan chopper collision
Kabul: The US military says four American troops have been killed and two injured in a midair collision of two helicopters in southern Afghanistan.
Hostile fire has been ruled out in the crash, which occurred on Monday morning. No further details were released.
In an unrelated incident, another helicopter went down Monday during a joint, international security force operation against insurgents in western Afghanistan in which a dozen militants were killed.
The US said military casualties were reported and a recovery operation is under way.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- One killed in TV channel office attack in Karachi
- Gujarat: Journalist working for local daily found dead in his Junagadh office
- Watch: How floods throw normal life out of gear across country
- Indian Army prepares to secure Arunachal Pradesh from China
- Panel discussion over Lalu Yadav's insensitive attitude over flood situations in Bihar
- Saudi Arabia to launch seven high-speed trains to connect holy sites
- Severe obesity solely responsible for risk of heart failure: Research
- South Africa vs New Zealand: 1st Test drawn as sodden outfield prevails at Kingsmead
- Gold smuggling: Government loses over $1 billion in revenue
- Govt rejects Infosys proposal to set up IT SEZ in West Bengal