45 kg of heroin seized in Afghanistan
Moscow: Two men were detained with 45 kg of heroin near the Iranian border in Afghanistan`s Nimroz province, the Pajhwok news agency reported.
The drugs were seized Friday evening from a car travelling from Zaranj to Abresham Bridge, provincial police chief Col. Mohammad Musa Rasuli said Saturday.
Two tonnes of drugs, including 1,600 kg of opium, have been seized in the province over the past two weeks, he said.
Drug production and trafficking in Iran and Afghanistan is a crime punishable by death.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India successfully test launches first ever indigenous space shuttle
- PM Modi to meet top Iranian leaders today
- Pakistan denounces US drone strike on Taliban chief Mullah Mansoor
- BJP's Roopa Ganguly attacked by Trinamool workers near Kolkata
- PM Modi in Tehran: India, Iran sign historic pact on Chabahar port
- REVEALED: Why Mayanti Langer does not support husband Stuart Binny on public platform
- This lake in Himachal Pradesh is a visual delight – Check out details
- Celine Dion named husband's administrator
- Madonna pays tribute to Prince at Billboard Music Awards
- CBI likely to grill ex-Haryana CM Hooda in HUDA land scam