45 kg of heroin seized in Afghanistan
Moscow: Two men were detained with 45 kg of heroin near the Iranian border in Afghanistan`s Nimroz province, the Pajhwok news agency reported.
The drugs were seized Friday evening from a car travelling from Zaranj to Abresham Bridge, provincial police chief Col. Mohammad Musa Rasuli said Saturday.
Two tonnes of drugs, including 1,600 kg of opium, have been seized in the province over the past two weeks, he said.
Drug production and trafficking in Iran and Afghanistan is a crime punishable by death.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Maysore Maharaja Yaduveer ties knot with princess Trishika of Dungarpur
- India becomes full member of Missile Technology Control Regime
- Singapore Airlines plane catches fire at Changi Airport
- Govt's insensitivity towards Pampore terror attack martyrs leaves nation stunned
- Mysore Maharaja Yaduveer Wadiar ties knot with princess Trishika Singh of Dungarpur, Rajasthan
- Haryana to be open-defecation free by December 2017: Khattar
- Earth's ancient magnetic field had more than two poles!
- VIDEOS: MS Dhoni's wife Sakshi shares her adorable moments with daughter Ziva
- 26/11 mastermind Hafiz Saeed announces 'jihad to free Pakistani rivers from India'
- Chinese ship inaugurates expanded Panama Canal