500 Pak pilgrims to attend Urs of Moinuddin Chishti
Lahore: 500 Pakistani pilgrims will leave for India this week to participate in the annual
Urs of Hazrat Khwaja Moinuddin Chishti at Ajmer.
According to officials, the Religious Affairs Ministry
selected 500 applicants through a draw.
The pilgrims have been directed to gather at Lahore
for their departure to India on June 14.
The pilgrims will travel by the Samjhauta Express
train and arrive in New Delhi on June 15.
After visiting the shrines of Sufi saints in the
Indian capital, they will proceed to Ajmer by a special train
the same evening.
After staying at Ajmer for a week and participating in
the annual Urs, the pilgrims will return to Pakistan on June
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Exclusive: Para SF of Indian Army - The specialised combat force!
- Haryana Minister Anil Vij takes back his insulting comments against Gandhi
- 24 dead after boat carrying 40 capsizes in river Ganga in Patna; many still missing
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: What characteristics define a true leader?
- Assembly elections: BJP likely to announce its first list of candidates for UP, Uttarakhand
- Abhishek Bachchan reveals the moment when Aishwarya Rai said 'yes' to him
- India vs England, 1st ODI: As it happened...
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre