500 Pak pilgrims to attend Urs of Moinuddin Chishti
Lahore: 500 Pakistani pilgrims will leave for India this week to participate in the annual
Urs of Hazrat Khwaja Moinuddin Chishti at Ajmer.
According to officials, the Religious Affairs Ministry
selected 500 applicants through a draw.
The pilgrims have been directed to gather at Lahore
for their departure to India on June 14.
The pilgrims will travel by the Samjhauta Express
train and arrive in New Delhi on June 15.
After visiting the shrines of Sufi saints in the
Indian capital, they will proceed to Ajmer by a special train
the same evening.
After staying at Ajmer for a week and participating in
the annual Urs, the pilgrims will return to Pakistan on June
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why are schools insensitive over complexities of poor families?
- Why are schools insensitive over complexities of poor families? - Part II
- DNA: Who are the sponsors and co-sponsors of terrorism in India?
- DNA: Who are the sponsors and co-sponsors of terrorism in India? Part-II
- DNA: Analyzing the mystery of missing IAF aircraft AN-32
- After arrest of ISIS sympathisers, Kerala BJP demands detailed probe into 'conversions'
- Dalit couple axed to death for Rs 15
- India expects ''no issue'' over Chinese scribes'' visa row
- Sushma Swaraj to lead Indian delegation at Mother Teresa's canonisation
- SC to examine whether top officials of CM can sign files on his behalf