54 injured in Pakistan blast
Islamabad: As many as 54 people were injured, seven of them critically, after a powerful explosion occurred at a shrine in Pakistan here Friday night, a media report said.
Fify-four people were injured in the blast. Thirty four were taken to Pakistan Institute of Medical Sciences (Pims) hospital where four are in critical condition, reportedly.
Nine are being treated in Benazir Hospital and 11 are shifted to Poly Clinic Hospital. Residents, however, put the number of injured much higher at 70 to 80.
The blast took place at the shrine of Nange Badshah, next to the famous Chan Pir Badsah shrine in Pindorian neighbourhood on the outskirts of Islamabad. The likely terror attack took place on second day of the three-day annual fair.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Land of believers! Out of 1.2 billion people, only 33,000 are atheists in India
- Hafiz Saeed is overseeing attacks by ISIS fighters in Afghanistan?
- Blackbuck poaching case: Rajasthan government may appeal against Salman Khan's acquittal
- 'Michael Jackson died a vulnerable man'
- Kunis, Kutcher bought wedding rings on e-commerce site