5.8-magnitude earthquake hits Pakistan
Islamabad: A 5.8-magnitude earthquake shook the Pakistani capital and many parts of Punjab and Khyber-Pakhtunkhwa provinces though there were no immediate reports of casualties or damage to property.
The quake, which occurred at 11.57 pm and lasted more than seven seconds, was felt in Rawalpindi, Peshawar, Lahore, Sialkot, Faisalabad and Gilgit and across Pakistan-occupied Kashmir.
At many places, people rushed out of their homes and offices and began praying.
This was the fourth major temblor to rock parts of Pakistan since last month.
The Pakistan Meteorological Department said the quake measured 5.8 on the Richter scale and its epicentre was located 88 km east of Jammu city in India.
The quake occurred at a depth of 10 km, it said.
Last month, a 7.8-magnitude quake in southeastern Iran killed more than 30 people and flattened hundreds of homes in a remote region of Pakistan`s Balochistan province.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof