6 killed in drone attack in N Waziristan
Peshawar: Continuing its anti-Taliban drive,
a US drone struck a village in Pakistan`s lawless North
Waziristan tribal region today killing six militants in the
second such attack this week.
The drone fired two missiles at a compound in Booya
village of Datakhel sub-division, 35 km west of Miranshah, the
main town in North Waziristan Agency.
At least six militants were killed in the strike,
official sources and local residents said.
Booya village is located along the Pakistan-Afghanistan
border. This was the eleventh drone strike in North Waziristan
The US has stepped up drone attacks in North Waziristan
after a suicide bomber linked to the Pakistani Taliban killed
seven CIA operatives at a forward base in neighbouring Khost
province of Afghanistan on December 30.
Officials said five top Taliban commanders were among 20
militants killed in a drone strike in Shaktoi area in
Militants recently released a video in which the bomber
responsible for the Khost attack was shown with Tehrik-e-
Taliban Pakistan chief Hakimullah Mehsud, who apparently had a
narrow escape during a drone attack in North Waziristan on
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- LIVE: Jallikattu Bill passed unanimously in state Assembly; violence rocks Tamil Nadu
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Bigots at it again! Mohammed Shami called un-Islamic for posting picture with dog