6 killed in drone attack in N Waziristan
Peshawar: Continuing its anti-Taliban drive,
a US drone struck a village in Pakistan`s lawless North
Waziristan tribal region today killing six militants in the
second such attack this week.
The drone fired two missiles at a compound in Booya
village of Datakhel sub-division, 35 km west of Miranshah, the
main town in North Waziristan Agency.
At least six militants were killed in the strike,
official sources and local residents said.
Booya village is located along the Pakistan-Afghanistan
border. This was the eleventh drone strike in North Waziristan
The US has stepped up drone attacks in North Waziristan
after a suicide bomber linked to the Pakistani Taliban killed
seven CIA operatives at a forward base in neighbouring Khost
province of Afghanistan on December 30.
Officials said five top Taliban commanders were among 20
militants killed in a drone strike in Shaktoi area in
Militants recently released a video in which the bomber
responsible for the Khost attack was shown with Tehrik-e-
Taliban Pakistan chief Hakimullah Mehsud, who apparently had a
narrow escape during a drone attack in North Waziristan on
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- SP leader seeks RS seat for Yakub's wife, sacked
- Political war of words erupts over Yakub Memon's execution
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How do you cope up with ever changing environment in life?
- Exclusive chat with Bajrangi Bhaijaan's Munni aka Harshaali Malhotra
- Mumbai: Woman pushed off from running local train by robbers
- Watch: Passenger plane dangerously oscillates before touching runway
- Yakub Memon's execution: Supreme Court Deputy Registrar quits over judgement
- Indian Army finds cow bombs near border, Maoists hand suspected?
- Delhi's graduate beggar – The amount he earns will shock you!
- Govt formalises strategies to counter ISIS threat, maintain internal security