6 law enforcers injured in shootout in NW Pakistan
Peshawar: Two police officers and as many intelligence operatives were among six persons injured in a gun battle between law enforcers and outlaws in northwest Pakistan on Thursday.
Additional Superintendent of Police Faisal Bakhtiar, DSP Hafiz Janis, two more policemen and two officials of an intelligence agency were injured during the exchange of fire in Abbottabad district of Khyber-Pakhtunkhwa province.
The shootout began when the law enforcers raided the compound of the outlaws in Mangal area of Abbottabad district.
The injured persons were taken to a nearby hospital. The two police officers sustained minor wounds and doctors said they were stable.
Police cordoned off the area and launched a search operation.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dausa car crash: Hema Malini injured, child killed; MP's driver booked for over speeding
- Islamic State trying to gain foothold in Pakistan-occupied Kashmir: Army
- Kapil Sharma shares pic with Salman Khan; ‘Comedy Nights...’ to go off air
- WATCH: Roger Federer mesmerizes centre court crowd with a 'tweener lob'
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions