6 national policemen killed: Afghan official
Kabul: A rogue Afghan police officer opened
fire at a checkpoint in southwest Afghanistan, killing six
police officers and injuring two, an official said on Monday.
The shootings occurred Sunday morning in Nimroz
province`s Khash Rod district, said provincial police chief
Gen. Abdul Jabar Pardeli.
"One of our policemen opened fire on his colleagues at
the checkpoint," Pardeli said, adding that an investigation
was under way about what prompted the shooting.
He said the suspect escaped to Dil Arm - another district
in the province - where he was identified by a patrol of
Afghan police and army soldiers. The patrol tried to stop the
suspect, but he started shooting again.
The suspect was killed in the second gun battle, Pardeli
said. Additional casualties during the second shooting have
not been confirmed.
In the north, meanwhile, two gunmen on a motorbike shot
and killed the head of logistics for the provincial
intelligence service late yesterday, said Jowzjan provincial
police chief Khalilullah Aminzada.
And in southern Helmand province, the Afghan and
international forces killed two militants responsible for
planting roadside bombs, the Defence Ministry said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Aspiring for more than what you have!
- ISIS to buy first nuclear weapon from Pak?
- Mumbai: CCTV captures assailant with gun at Film City
- Mathura SSP receives death threat letter, message for PM Modi
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Zee Media exclusive chat with 'Welcome to Karachi' cast
- Zee Media exclusive interview with Haryana CM Manohar Lal Khattar
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- Haridwar: Hotel Radisson Blu sealed for polluting Ganga
- Girl in Punjab's Pathankot quit studies for fear of eve-teasing
- Special: Furious over rising water crisis, people take to the streets
- UP Minister allegedly threatens, abuses Gonda businessman
- Manali: Heavy corruption found in environmental taxes
- Couple in Bihar asked to pay Rs 50,000 as 'tax' for inter-caste marriage
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 24, 2015
- IPL 2015 Final: MI vs CSK - As it happened...
- Heatwave continues in North India; death toll in Andhra Pradesh, Telangana more than 400
- CBSE.nic.in 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board (cbseresults.nic.in) Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced on May 25
- Heatwave kills 223 in AP, Telangana, Chandrababu Naidu announces compensation; Delhi records hottest day
- 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns' starts on a good note at the Box Office!
- CBSE 12th Result 2015 to be announced on Monday
- Death threat to PM Narendra Modi ahead of Mathura rally sends police into tizzy
- Organisation demands re-examination of AIPMT 2015
- IPL 2015 final: Mumbai Indians thrash Chennai Super Kings by 41 runs to lift second title
- Standoff with LG: Arvind Kejriwal calls emergency session of Delhi Assembly
- Kejriwal completes 100 days in office, AAP says centre 'shadow boxing' over row with LG
- CBSE Class 12th Board Results 2015 to be announced on Monday, May 25
- Online filing of applications for UPSC civil services exam begins
- No alliance with JD-U in Bihar: BJP
- Not just today, Muslims feeling alienated since 1947: Najma Heptulla