6 people killed, scores missing as boat capsizes in Nepal
Kathmandu: At least six people died on Saturday and several others went missing when a boat, with about 50 passengers on board, capsized in the swollen Bagmati River in central Nepal.
Six men swam to safety while a woman was rescued during the search operation carried out by the police and local people at the site of the incident situated some 250 km south of Kathmandu, according to the police.
Most of those killed were villagers who were returning to their homes after working in their fields.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dadri lynching: Is Kejriwal spreading poison between Hindus and Muslims?
- Muslims asked to sprinkle cow urine on body in order to be part of Garba festivities
- Dadri lynching: Rahul Gandhi reaches Dadri, meets victim Iqlakh's family
- Dadri lynching: Prime accused's father refutes allegations; says son is innocent
- Congress workers blow up pigeons by blasting them inside rockets
- Indrani Mukerjea's FSL report rules out drug overdose, says no chemicals found in stomach wash
- Lynching case in Dadri: Rahul meets victim Iqlakh's family, says touched by people's desire to maintain harmony
- Indrani Mukerjea regains consciousness, out of danger, says hospital
- Russia bombs ISIS headquarters in Syria, video goes viral on internet - Watch
- In Pics: Indian Super League 2015 opening ceremony!