6 people killed, scores missing as boat capsizes in Nepal
Kathmandu: At least six people died on Saturday and several others went missing when a boat, with about 50 passengers on board, capsized in the swollen Bagmati River in central Nepal.
Six men swam to safety while a woman was rescued during the search operation carried out by the police and local people at the site of the incident situated some 250 km south of Kathmandu, according to the police.
Most of those killed were villagers who were returning to their homes after working in their fields.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Valour of a soldier: CRPF officer Satwant Singh fights Naxals till his last breath
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city