6 people killed, scores missing as boat capsizes in Nepal
Kathmandu: At least six people died on Saturday and several others went missing when a boat, with about 50 passengers on board, capsized in the swollen Bagmati River in central Nepal.
Six men swam to safety while a woman was rescued during the search operation carried out by the police and local people at the site of the incident situated some 250 km south of Kathmandu, according to the police.
Most of those killed were villagers who were returning to their homes after working in their fields.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bird flu grips nation, Delhi worst affected
- DNA: Exclusive report on the extreme sacrifices made by ITBP soldiers
- I pay my tribute to martyr Naresh Pal: PM Narendra Modi
- How will the rift in Samajwadi Party affect UP politics?
- Some people are creating confusion between me and my father: Akhilesh Yadav
- India vs New Zealand, 3rd ODI: As it happened...
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire
- Read letters by Ratan Tata to PM Narendra Modi and Group employees after Cyrus Mistry's ouster
- 7th Pay Commission: Committee on Allowances proposes hike in HRA for central govt employees