6 people killed, scores missing as boat capsizes in Nepal
Kathmandu: At least six people died on Saturday and several others went missing when a boat, with about 50 passengers on board, capsized in the swollen Bagmati River in central Nepal.
Six men swam to safety while a woman was rescued during the search operation carried out by the police and local people at the site of the incident situated some 250 km south of Kathmandu, according to the police.
Most of those killed were villagers who were returning to their homes after working in their fields.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ganga river crosses danger mark in UP, Bihar and West Bengal
- NDMC issues notices to President's Estate for mosquito breeding
- DNA: Analysis of how Indian women's success in Olympics changed mindset of our society
- DNA: Analysis of how Indian women's success in Olympics changed mindset of our society- Part II
- DNA: Analysis of loss caused by floods in India
- UK report recommends special prison units for Islamist extremists
- My career all but over if ban not reviewed: Narsingh Yadav
- RInfra completes 100% sale of cement biz to Birla Corp
- Turkey wedding attack victims mostly children
- Will not allow our territory for any anti-India activity: Myanmar to India