6 people killed, scores missing as boat capsizes in Nepal
Kathmandu: At least six people died on Saturday and several others went missing when a boat, with about 50 passengers on board, capsized in the swollen Bagmati River in central Nepal.
Six men swam to safety while a woman was rescued during the search operation carried out by the police and local people at the site of the incident situated some 250 km south of Kathmandu, according to the police.
Most of those killed were villagers who were returning to their homes after working in their fields.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Afzal Guru row: JNU Students' Union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested
- Missing girl from Ghaziabad, Dipti Sarna returns; reunited with family
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU - Part II
- Watch: How students at JNU showcased anti-India spirit! - Part II
- Kumar Vishwas' birthday bash: Ajit Doval, BJP and RSS leaders attend; Arvind Kejriwal missing
- Afzal Guru row: JNU students union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested by Delhi Police
- Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna reaches home, police and family remain tight-lipped over her recovery
- Was abducted, blindfolded for four hours; Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna narrates her ordeal
- Fitoor movie review: Tabu overpowers, Katrina Kaif, Aditya Roy Kapur leave a lasting impact!