6.1 magnitude earthquake jolts Pak areas
Islamabad: A powerful earthquake measuring 6. 1 on the Richter scale jolted parts of Punjab and Khyber-Pakhtunkhwa provinces of Pakistan on Thursday though there were no reports of casualties or damage to property.
The temblor, which lasted about five seconds, occurred at about 7 pm and was followed by powerful aftershocks.
It was felt in Islamabad, Lahore and other parts of Punjab, Peshawar and across Khyber-Pakhtunkhwa.
At several places, people rushed out of buildings and began praying.
Officials said they had not received any reports of casualties or damage to property.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over vote bank politics on Hinduism
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Watch: Report on delayed development in Ayodhya
- DNA: Ground reporting of the deteriorating sanctity of Ayodhya
- Pak High Commission staffer grilled for spying, released later
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- National Geographic's famed ''Afghan Girl'' arrested in Pakistan for forgery
- Hrithik Roshan, Yami Gautam's 'Kaabil' trailer shocks Rakesh Roshan
- India vs New Zealand, 4th ODI: As it happened...